Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font face="Tahoma">Don't get me wrong all of you respected G35 Coupe owners. I am currently shopping for a car and need to choose among G35 Coupe, 350Z, A4 3.0, BMW 330Ci, and TSX. I really like G35 Coupe because it is still quite rare to have one and it just looks awesome. But I think the back could look better... I mean, it looks great the way it does, but if I could modify the rear a little, I would have no difficulty in choosing the coupe. Does anyone know anything about upcoming exterior mod kits or anything of that sort?

I would also appreciate it if you guys could give me feedback about the cars I've named... Why I should get G35 coupe over others [thmsup]</font id="Tahoma">

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well to start off htye are all very nice cars but i dont think the Tsx should even be considered. I saw it at the detroit auto show and it was pretty bland compared to your other choices. The A4 is a very nice car but your gonna pay alot more. However, it has a nicer interior (germans seem to dominate there) but is not as fast or handle as well (my friend in buffalo has one) the quattro is awesome though but limits it a tad. The 330 is a beautiful car and can hold its own anywhere BUT in albany i see them all the time. Every other 3 series seems to be one or some idiot put the badge on their 323 or 325(like when morons but M badges on a 325). The performance and handling are VERY VERY close. As for the 350Z your on a G forum all i have to say is the car $%^&@%^ rules in all aspects. (the potential for the car will be insane ITS THE NEW SKYLINE, it has to be).

6MT-silver/graphite
aero, premium minus nav
ohh dont forget the trunk
mat LOL!

·
Registered
34 Posts
i meant the G rules i wrote it as if the 350z ruled but NOPE.

6MT-silver/graphite
aero, premium minus nav
ohh dont forget the trunk
mat LOL!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
What problem do you have with the rear? If and when the ricers get around to bringing out ridiculous panel replacements and "enhancements", I would espect most would be ground effect type pieces that may not resolve your complaint.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The aero package makes the rear look sweet, and NISMO is coming out with a rear valence for the G35, although don't expect it to cost less than $600.

Laser Red, Graphite, 6MT, due June

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If and when the ricers get around to bringing out ridiculous panel replacements and "enhancements"<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Can someone please explain to an out-of-touch old guy what a "ricer" or "ricey" is?

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The term was actually originally coined, near as I can remember, in the late 70's or early 80's by bitter Detroit fans to describe the little fuel efficient japanese cars that were flooding the market. The obvious connection being that Asians eat a lot of rice so their little cars burn rice for fuel. It was actually slightly racist if you really think about.

In modern parlance, it's used more often to describe cosmetic modifications to asian cars that serve no practical purpose in pushing the car's performance. A rear spoiler on a front wheel driven car, for example...

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
wow... the terms' been around for that long, eh? I must not be spending enough time on message boards [:D]

The modern usage is what I sorta guessed it might be -- and I can see how some might see it as racist. However, being asian myself, I have no problem with it. Kinda funny in my opinion...

so, it's gotta apply to the lame stickers and paint jobs as well, doesn't it?

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">so, it's gotta apply to the lame stickers and paint jobs as well, doesn't it?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Exactly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You know your car is "Rice" when you can fit your whole head in the exhaust tip! [jaw]

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts