Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in this forum that drives a G35 coupe auto? I wanted to hook up with a G35 6MT but Im the only one in my family that knows how to drive stick. I could have been selfish and went for it but that didnt seem right. So all you G35 auto drivers let me know whats up. How well does your car perform? Do you regret getting the auto opposed to the manual? How have you faired when you went up against a BMW 330 or similar like vehicles? Is getting off the line weak or is it still strong?

Once you go BLACK...you never go BACK! Coming soon to the Jersey Turnpike: Black Obsidian/ Graphite Leather, 18",Premi, Navi, Aero, Auto

2Black2Strong

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I wanted to hook up with a G35 6MT but Im the only one in my family that knows how to drive stick.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Your profile says your single. Which family members are you worried about?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Auto owner here... and certainly don't regret it. I commute 70 miles a day (35miles 1 way) so auto was a more practical way to go. Can't stand shifting in stop and go traffic. The car still has plenty of power and speed. Obviously, it's more enjoyable to drive stick (I used to have a prelude vtec) but I don't think I've given up much for this Auto G35.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the auto.

Yes, yes....performance suffers. But, most of my driving is commuting in the Sf Bay Area, where tarffic is often stop-n-go. I admit it, I am simply lazy.

Besides, with the auto I can eat, drink, and get a blow *** while sporting through the twisties. ;)

peace

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I wanted to hook up with a G35 6MT but Im the only one in my family that knows how to drive stick.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Your profile says your single. Which family members are you worried about?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Semi,

I have a brother that drives a Denali and a Vet a sister that drives an Envoy, a brother-in-law that drives an Impala SS, an aunt that drives a Cadillac STS and an uncle that drives a Deville and EXT. So you know what that means…we switch up cars often. Problem is none of them drive stick so if I get a manual transmission we can’t switch up as much. I’m not sure if you’ve driven a SS before but if you have I’m sure you understand why I’m willing to sacrifice in this case. Oh! By the way my 62 yr old mother like to drive my cars so I get stuck with her little Honda sometime too. Of course she doesn’t drive stick either.

Ra!

Once you go BLACK...you never go BACK! Coming soon to the Jersey Turnpike: Black Obsidian/ Graphite Leather, 18",Premi, Navi, Aero, Auto

2Black2Strong

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Problem is none of them drive stick so if I get a manual transmission we can’t switch up as much.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Maybe this would be a good opportunity to teach them? It sounds like you're a car loving family. It's terrifying that so many of your relatives don't know how to drive stick. They're missing out...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Problem is none of them drive stick so if I get a manual transmission we can’t switch up as much.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Maybe this would be a good opportunity to teach them? It sounds like you're a car loving family. It's terrifying that so many of your relatives don't know how to drive stick. They're missing out...

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not in my G. Maybe on my 88 Prelude. But shes my baby too and I don't like people touching her either. [jaw]

2Black2Strong

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked up the Black Obsidian Graphite Interior w/ Premium Package with Automatic yesterday 3/26/03. Commute 50 miles each way in So Cal and I am too damn lazy to drive a stick. I would have bot the stick if it was the only one but I prefer the Auto

Lies, Tricks, Deceit!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I drive an AT. The car is stout. I work out of 4 different clinics, so I can commute quite a bit. In stop and go, nothing is sweeter than an auto. And when you want some more control.....you do have the triptronic. This baby rocks AT or MT, you really can't go wrong. I still hear the deep engine growling as I pull her away from the line!

DRIVING A FAST CAR!---
5AT COUPE--IVORY PEARL/ GRAPHITE INTERIOR

·
Registered
7 Posts
i really don't think you will be missing out on TOO much with this tranny...I live in the Boston area and dealing with cabbies, city buses, dumb pedestrians and idiot "Mass hole" drivers can be very aggrevating in the city....that is why i took delivery of the AT over the 6spd i originally put my deposit down for.

either way, you most likey will LOVE the car....

03 G35C Blk/blk fully loaded Prem Navi w/aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You just can't lose with the new auto! It's electronically controlled for better performance and smoother operation, and has a manual shift control mode! Besides the new CVT trannys that are coming out, I believe the G35's auto is one of the best autos in the performance luxury sedan market right now, hands down. [bowdown]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts