Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be selling my G35 DG Willow leather 6MT 2000 miles in the next 2 weeks. As much as I hate to do it, my 6MT is going to get me killed in my line of work.

I talk on the phone all day in my car and shifting is a pain in the ass even with the head set. I sound like a wuss I know. I'm getting another G but this will be 5AT. Have not decided for sure to do this yet, but if anyone is interested, email me at [email protected]. Trying to minimize my depreciation hit. Not willing to lose much so may just keep it. If in Houston area let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
good luck with the sale, tnbooo.

this is a good endorsement for the 5AT for those who have been reading the threads comparing the two.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use the 6MT as a good excuse NOT to talk on the cell phone. "Can't talk now, I'm driving" At least my girlfriend understands... [boink]

Darin
-----
6MT Sedan-Brilliant Silver-Premium-Aero-Winter

·
Registered
550 Posts
Daring,

That is exactly how I feel too. As I get in my car, my phone could ring till the battery dies. Nothing is interrupting me from enjoying the drive...

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
too true, daring & craigdred. cel phone usage in cars has gotten completely out of control. for some, it's a necessity, but for most, it's just idle chat that is best done when you're not operating a moving vehicle.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Florida government is at the brink of completely banning cellphone usage in vehicles. Idiots that can't talk & drive... [dunce]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Linh

i HATE ppl on cell phones while driving
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It's not just driving either. Some people just seem to have no common sense when it comes to cell phones. A few examples which I've witnessed:

Public restroom
Classy restaurant
Front row at a concert
Movie theatre
Church
While checking out at a grocery store

What I don't understand is that everyone has caller ID these days. Don't answer and return the call later. It's that simple. [:(!]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes cell phones are distracting but outlawing them is ridiculous. I mean under most laws you can still dial them (as if that's not distracting). Of course you can eat, change CDs (love the six disk changer), look at a map, put on make-up, talk to the person next to you or any other thing people do while in their car but don't talk on the phone. Seems kind of silly to single out cell phones when the real problem is driving while distracted no matter what it is.

Sorry for the rant.

6mt DG/G premium

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think that is a great start...At least I will have the excuse when work calls, that I couldnt answer the phone [:D]

When I see a stupid driver, I can almost guarantee they are yapping away...

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
328 Posts
good luck in selling that man...i love coupe 6MTs...im selling my sedan 6MT to get a Coupe if anyone buys it..if not then im just keeping my sedan

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
3 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tnbooo

I may be selling my G35 DG Willow leather 6MT 2000 miles in the next 2 weeks. As much as I hate to do it, my 6MT is going to get me killed in my line of work.

I talk on the phone all day in my car and shifting is a pain in the ass even with the head set. I sound like a wuss I know. I'm getting another G but this will be 5AT. Have not decided for sure to do this yet, but if anyone is interested, email me at [email protected]. Trying to minimize my depreciation hit. Not willing to lose much so may just keep it. If in Houston area let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just out curiosity How much are you asking??<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Nismocpv35

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tnbooo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why wouldn't someone just spend $900 more and get a new one with no miles on it? This 2003's value is actually about $29-30K as will be clear when KBB and NADA come out with their new books. All cars lose at least 15-20% in the first year. It will be worse if the brake/rotor and center console issues are not fixed soon. I have seen a few of these go for about $33K lately. Those idiot [dunce] buyers are just flushing money down the drain. I intend to buy a 2004 unless I see that a used 2003 comes available with a reasonable price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by theG

Yes cell phones are distracting but outlawing them is ridiculous. I mean under most laws you can still dial them (as if that's not distracting). Of course you can eat, change CDs (love the six disk changer), look at a map, put on make-up, talk to the person next to you or any other thing people do while in their car but don't talk on the phone. Seems kind of silly to single out cell phones when the real problem is driving while distracted no matter what it is.

Sorry for the rant.

6mt DG/G premium

It's the usual problem - irresponsible people get someone killed, and when someone dies, that's when the laws repressing the rest of us get put into effect. Just about every vehicle code in the book is due to someone dying.

Unfortunately, most people are too incompetent to handle heavy machinery and the drama of their lives on cellphones all at the same time. And 40% of incompetents don't even realize they're incompetent.[crazy]

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts