Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a CHECK ENGINE WARNING LIGHT come on! I have 3750 miles. called Infinity of Melbourne where I bought. They said it is Ok to drive but will need two to three hours to figure out what went wrong. Most likely an O2 sensor????? Bummer, car is too new for this crap already. I will keep you other owners posted it you like???

2002.5 Sedan Silver/leather/Aero Kit etc Everything but heated seats. (FLA)

Hodaddy out......[:(!]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wow, that would be something for an O2 sensor to go out that quick! Yes, keep us posted and let us know what they find.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Please keep us posted. I am the recall master...hehe have had three already but luckily none have actually happened to me. Oh and I have already over 30K miles so far...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by hodaddy

I just had a CHECK ENGINE WARNING LIGHT come on! I have 3750 miles. called Infinity of Melbourne where I bought. They said it is Ok to drive but will need two to three hours to figure out what went wrong. Most likely an O2 sensor????? Bummer, car is too new for this crap already. I will keep you other owners posted it you like???

2002.5 Sedan Silver/leather/Aero Kit etc Everything but heated seats. (FLA)

Hodaddy out......[:(!]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Had my Check Engine light come on while driving it out of the dealer. [jaw] No worries though. It ended up being something very simple. On the new 2003.5 generation G's, there is a new sensor inside the gas tank that senses air pressure buildup and vapors. If your gas cap is closed only a little less tight than it should be, boom! You got the light. Can be easily corrected by tightening the gas cap about 3 turns after the "click" on your next fill up. Hope this helps!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts