Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have narrowed my choice down to the G35 6MT Sport and the new 330i Perf. Package 6MT. Anybody have a chance to drive both extensively? I have driven both once on a test drive, but unfortunately in city driving only (never exceeded 3rd gear). There is a fairly large price difference, but what about the performance and other factors? With the extra HP, new 6spd trans, and different rear end in BMW, it gets to 60mph in 5.9 sec (probably about the same as the sedan 6MT).

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Well for the price there is not contest in my book. G35 wins hands down! I think in the performance category the G edges all the new 330's. I have test driven, like yourself, both of them and I like my G35 a lot better than the 330. Sort of depends if you feel those three little letters are worth the extra $2K per letter! hehe[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have driven several 330i's, but not the new performance package. Knowing that the handling characteristics of the mainstream 330's are slightly more dynamic than the G, I would be suprised if the G35 can out maneuver the Bimmer. However, I must agree that they are probably perfect matches in acceleration. The BMW also has 18 inch rubber in addition to the suspension enhancements, so it's probably stickier, too.

But 10-12 grand more for a smaller car, with less reliable engineering and outrageous upkeep costs? I'll keep my Infiniti.

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Knowing that the handling characteristics of the mainstream 330's are slightly more dynamic than the G, I would be suprised if the G35 can out maneuver the Bimmer. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Really? By my mind, the G sacrificed comfort for perfomance which BMW can't get away with given their usual demographic. I would be surprised if the BMW was as good as the coupe which all the comparisons I've read seems to uphold.

Remember, a little oversteer is a GOOD thing for handling.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Are you guys comparing apples to apples here? I didn't see anyone mention whether the G you're comparing to has the sport package or not. A lot of people don't realize what a huge difference this makes in the Sedan.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

1 - 5 of 5 Posts