Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 350Z is a lot more sporty. g35 is more of a car to be functional with groceries and people.

Fairlady is however purely for showing off how nice set of racks u got.

350Z is my choice. she completes me.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
yes, the Z is more sporty, but I think the G is more classy.

welcome aboard, chik.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Welcome aboard, uh Fairlady is just that fair.[hypno]The Skyline , depending on the view can be fair or great. Therefore, I would have to say the Skyline wins.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
there is this board, where everyone has 350Z's. this board wouldn't happen to be that board, but if you happen to find that board then you might want to post on that board.

I mean, I have heard of posting in the wrong forum, but the wrong board all together?[:D]

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
heh heh... good one, rlipps...

however, I certainly don't mind discussing the Z here. It's a great car built on the same platform as our G's... It is a little odd that chik's first (and only) post does appear to be geared more towards a Z crowd, though [dunno]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The Z is a chik car. [lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
By the way, if any Red DC area 350Z owners are on board and almost rear-ended a DG G35 on Sunday night, let yourself be known!

I was following a red Z for a while, then went around them and they followed me. I went to pull a lane cut around a truck, so I gunned it to get across 3 lanes, didn't see a car on the other side of the truck that I was planning on looping around and had to slam on the brakes. While I'm figuring out what my next move is, I look in the rear view and here comes the red Z pulling the same maneuver! He had to SLAM on his brakes and was within inches of the G's beautiful bumper! Didn't get a chance to chat with him since he took an exit about a 1/2 mile after all this.

Anyway, I'm just rambling! [:D]

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
smooth move there, VQ... [:D]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm on the market for either a g35 coupe or a Z -- I've been going back and forth and finally decided:

A laser red G35 6MT, 18inch, aero, and premium -- it looks great!

Now I have to find one...

What drove me towards the Z was: the sports car thing, the look, the performance, the Z-heritage, and I previously had a 1st generation 300ZX (two seats).

What drove me away from the Z was "only two seats".

What drove me towards the G35C was: 2+2 seats, longer warranty, sunroof, more buttons inside, still sporty, has a cool look though more elegant (more or less in that order).

I preferred Daytona Blue for the Z and couldn't decide on a color for the G35 -- saw a laser red and said that's gotta be it! And besides the "red" helps make it look a bit more sportier, even though it might attract unwanted cop attention (maybe?). my first car was a red firebird and i never got a ticket (that was 14 years ago). i'm 34, single, but looking. the 2+2 gives me a little more flexibility even though i have another 4 door car (an SUV).

Questions:

1) Is the clear-bra stuff I read here really necessary? or is it only for those who drive their car on the track, and very hard over irregular roads. i like sporty driving but i usually take good car of my cars and have never had the need for a bra before (of any kind! :) )

2) To make the engine sound a bit more alive, is the Injen or Stillen intake recommended? I read about an Injen recall for the 6MT. Does the stillen add sufficient sound to be worth the hassle. The debatable extra HP is nice, but I don't want to affect warranty or longevitity (significantly).

3) How difficult will it be more me to find a laser red with graphite interior? (the willow interior is a bit too clear and easy to get dirty).

Thanks!!!!! Going G!

-6mtdreamer.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
welcome, dreamer... and good choice! [thmsup]

Clear bra is not necessary, but will probably prove useful. Several here have reported a lot more dings than usual with this car. May be a combination of the paint used and the fact that the car likes to be driven fast, but that is probably true of a lot of cars on the market now. I don't have a clear bra and don't intend on getting one -- mainly because I'm not wild about the way they look, but I can definitely see the benefits.

I can't answer your question about Injen or Stillen, but there are several here who probably can.

As far as car color is concerned, I'm sure you can order a red/graphite combo. They pretty much make all the colors with both interiors. Just depends on how long you're willing to wait [;)]

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Welcome aboard dreamer [cheers]

I also heard a while back that Injen was redesigning the intake, something about it causing the G to stall out or screwing with the MAF sensor. I will say that the G's stock exhaust is plenty loud for me! Sounds like a nice low-end growl.

Also, if you're looking for a little HP increase and little more rumble, check out InfinitiWholesaleParts.com. They've got a cat back exhaust, they'll also install if you're in the Dallas, Fort Worth TX area.

·
Registered
61 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Welcome aboard dreamer [cheers]

I also heard a while back that Injen was redesigning the intake, something about it causing the G to stall out or screwing with the MAF sensor. I will say that the G's stock exhaust is plenty loud for me! Sounds like a nice low-end growl.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I just got my CAI the other day! I don't know if mine is the redesign (I doubt it). Do you think they will have a fix or everyone who currently has the CAI will just have to deal with the problem/upgrade to the redesigned model?

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks guys for the response!

I just test drove (again) a Z and a G today (both 6spd). Momentarily I was leaning towards the Z but then again I reaffirmed my decision, that the G is plenty cool and offers more (the purpose of my second round of testing was to confirm my preference for the G, and I did :) ).

Car dealer (in NJ) had a 6MT black/black on the lot, exactly how I want it, except black. He, of course, said if I wanted red I'd have to wait 3 months -- typical.

I'm about to move (to Indiana) in a month and wish to buy in my new area. The closest Infiniti dealers would be in Indianapolis and in Chicago. I'm hesitate to just "call up and have them search/put money down" without every seeing the dealership but I also would like to use this time if it ends up I have to wait a while for one. I'd also prefer a cheaper 03 than an 04.

What do you guys recommend about "buying blind". I, of course, would not fork over the ~35k until I get there but I would be tied to a particular dealer for I guess ~$500. If prices do not really stray from MSRP, price is not a variable then. Right?

Opinions? Anybody from the Indy or Chicago area have comments about the dealers there?

Thanks!!!!

-6mtdreamer.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I think your lucky just to get to test drive one. I'm also pretty sure you'll have to wait to get one no matter what year you get. It's too late to get a 2003 from a dealership isn't it?...Things might be diffrent where you are. Funny thing is, I live about 15 miles from Grubbs, and I can count all the coupes I've seen on one hand. I love it.
I'm going to the Bahamas on Sunday, I get back on the 20th, and my car is coming in between the 20th and the 31st. Life is good.
-Savage-

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I believe there are some board members from the Chicago area... donpalombella? any insight on those Chicago dealers?

·
Registered
818 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I believe there are some board members from the Chicago area... donpalombella? any insight on those Chicago dealers?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Highly recommend Infiniti of Lake County...Great small dealer...No Bullshit...No Games...Ask for Kristy...Called them, they had a car for me in a week... I got lucky!!!!

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graphite/Graphite/Aero

1 - 17 of 17 Posts