1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I still haven't figured out what earthing or "grounding" kits are, and what their sole purpose is. Can anybody explain? I kow it adds extra ground fro the electrical system but any specific purpose in particular? [dunno]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
869 Posts
A system that is properly grounded can send electrical signals with less restriction, therfore allowing your car to work at its optimal state (electronically.) I personally have never had a grounding kit, but people claim it adds a couple of hp, and puts less strain on the battery. I cannot vouch for this, and have never wasted my money on something.... those 3hp you got could be beaten by a better driver at the track, but if you need it, then go get it!

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alot of people are reporting that after the grounding kit has been installed the Coupe especially the 6MT gets smoother idle and revving along with less jerkiness at low RPM stall speeds. Peace.

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Placebo work great, if I spent big money to add an extra ground path I would have to say it works. Otherwise I would have to say boy do I feel stupid. Go with any other snake oil IMHO. If you think you need an extra ground run down to pep boys and buy some 00 cable.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
10 Posts
I added a grounding kit to my car and besides the fact that the engine runs smoother especially over 4k I would say there are no other benefits besides slightly better fuel economy.

G35 Coupe 6MT
Diamond Graphite / Graphite Leather
Aero & Premium Package

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
(Off Topic Alert!)

Gnite... you got limo tints on that bad boy?

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
It's like Monster cable for speakers, people insist you need it for the best sound. It's all in marketing, I know, I am in marketing. The experts who sell a product will tell you how great it is and the benefits. But ask an expert who has nothing to gain about the same product and listen to the story, then compare the two.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(Off Topic Alert!)

Gnite... you got limo tints on that bad boy?

-Ken

Ken - yea - got the Limo Tint - it's pretty dark in here - [:D]

2003 G35SC 6MT - Black on Black

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gnite

Hey - KLOH

Sweet Ass room:

http://vault.lohcentral.net/00/frameset.html

I'd like to talk to you about that - I am in the process of starting mine
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks, Gnite. Drop me an email with any questions you might have. I'll be happy to share any info.

Gotten any tickets for that tint yet? You've taken black on black to a whole new level. [:D] Can't tell from the pic... is the front tinted that dark as well?

-Ken

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
great pics! Looks like you're the only G among all those Z's. Did you get more attention for being "different" or were those Z owners more interested in their own kind? Personally, I'd be lookin' at ALL of 'em. [:D]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[Yea - other folks were supposed to join - they wimped out.
No, the Z owners were pretty cool - they all want my RIMs..... [:D]

It was fun... where do u live?

2003 G35SC 6MT - Black on Black

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
The G's have nice stock rims, that's for sure! Way better than what the Z's come with.

I'm out in Southern California. Got a buddy who lives out in NC though. He drives a Boxter.

-Ken

1 - 15 of 15 Posts