Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm going to buy one of these to test the difference between flooring it in auto and using the manual shifter.

http://www.gtechpro.com/index.html

I was thinking we can "Share" it amongst the forum members if anyone is interested. I'm getting the upgraded Competition version. Would anyone be intersted in paying 20 bucks to rent it for a week or two? Let me know and maybe we can set up a list to do this efficiently.

Also, as we pass it around we can all post our results on the forum.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That's actually a REALLY cool idea Lead_Foot. I might be interested in renting it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That's a really good idea. [boink]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VQ - Once we get this started, maybe you can set up a sticky for test results.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
172 Posts
wow, very cool. can it really tell your rpms by the voltage in the cig lighter? that doesnt seem likely but i guess it could be possible, is it true?

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tmartin316

wow, very cool. can it really tell your rpms by the voltage in the cig lighter? that doesnt seem likely but i guess it could be possible, is it true?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not sure, but I guess we'll find out next week some time. Ordered it today and should receive it by Wednesday.

·
Registered
85 Posts
no dude, it doesnt measure your times by the voltage in your cig lighter![lol] as the name of the product ensinuates, it measures times and speeds with a g-force accelerometer inside it. it sounds ludicrous, but apparently it has an impressive track record when it comes to being accurate.

and hey, count me in when i get my new civic next month[:D] that is, if you even want to get some stats from a civic that could rock the G [lol] Just Kidding(or maybe not) [:p]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
172 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JustAnotherCivic

no dude, it doesnt measure your times by the voltage in your cig lighter![lol] as the name of the product ensinuates, it measures times and speeds with a g-force accelerometer inside it. it sounds ludicrous, but apparently it has an impressive track record when it comes to being accurate.
who said anything about time being measured by the voltage? i said it measures RPMs by the voltage, which I still don't understand how it works. And I quote:

"<font color="black">RPM: Engine RPMs are sensed directly from the cigarette lighter voltage. No installation required at all with this true plug and play feature. The unique RPM feature is used for anything from realtime torque measurements to shiftlights."</font id="black">

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
85 Posts
oh.....my bad T.

i misread you[:D]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should be done with it by the end of the month and I'll start renting it out in June. I'll set up a new thread for it and maybe we can get VQ to make it a sticky for sign ups and such.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
When you're ready, lead, just make a new thread and let me know. I'll make it a sticky.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

When you're ready, lead, just make a new thread and let me know. I'll make it a sticky.

Will do man, thanks! And would you hurry up and get your G in already!

[lol]

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hey Don I may be interested in borrowing it first...since I am in the area and all...hehe[:D]! Sounds really cool. How has it worked out so far? Had a chance to test it out?

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Any new G-tech runs lead?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, I forgot to take it to the track with me. I think I might go again next week, so I'll have to take it and see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts