Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 7132 Posts

·
Registered
14,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G Owners: Let's talk Pro Football!! (2005-2006)

This is where we talk about upcoming games, rivalries, Monday morning QB'ing, spreads and particularly: trash talk. No thin-skinned people allowed. If you can dish it, you better take it!

Tell me who your teams are. Don't be ashamed. Let it out.

·
Registered
14,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Week 1

My question (s) to start the topic is, A. who's your team, B. who's your opponent for week 1, and C. how do you think your team will fare this season?:

Denver at Miami
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Houston at Buffalo
Chicago at Washington
New Orleans at Carolina
Tampa Bay at Minnesota
Seattle at Jacksonville
NY Jets at Kansas City
Arizona at NY Giants
St. Louis at San Francisco
Green Bay at Detroit
Dallas at San Diego
Indianapolis at Baltimore (Sunday night)
Philadelphia at Atlanta (Monday night)

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Isn't the Saints/Panthers game also on Monday night now due to Katrina's forcing them to relocate?

My team is the New England Patriots, and they already won last night... as I predicted in the other post. I'd say the Patriots will go 12-4 this year, although I will hold out on making a prediction on playoff results at this point.

·
Registered
14,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
partyman66 said:
Isn't the Saints/Panthers game also on Monday night now due to Katrina's forcing them to relocate?

My team is the New England Patriots, and they already won last night... as I predicted in the other post. I'd say the Patriots will go 12-4 this year, although I will hold out on making a prediction on playoff results at this point.
Yeah, well you were wrong about that 17 point spread! I was hoping to take that bet!

My team: the RAIDERS, will make the playoffs this season. Despite last night's loss, I still think they can do it. They gave you a run for your money.

You know, I don'tknow about the postponement of the Saints/Panthers game. Let us know if are certain about this with a link.

·
Registered
35,588 Posts
Hey I'm definitely down with this thread! I love football, pro and college (Fight On!) and am definitely looking forward to this year! Okay, here goes:

A. I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan all of my life. That is my #1 team. I have recently been following the Atlanta Falcons too but I think that is mainly because I am a big Michael Vick fan but the Cowboys are definitely my team!

B. Week 1 opponents are the Chargers in San Diego. Damn I wish I had tix! Should be an interesting game.

C. There are too many unknowns for me to get a feel for this team yet. Bledsoe should be pretty familiar with the system since he played for Parcells before. Julius Jones looks like he is gonna be pretty good but he has less than a year under his belt so it is too soon to know for him also. With the recent signing of Peerless Price, our WRs look pretty good. Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn and Price, not too shabby. The O line ????? Once again too soon to know. They have the potential to be pretty good. Our D is very young but very talented. They could either develop into one of the best in the league or it will be a learning experience type of year to build on for the future. My realistic expectations (unlike myopic Raider fan, sorry gamma) is to at least finish .500 or better and maybe be in the hunt for a wildcard spot. The Eagles are clearly still the best team in the NFC East.

BTW, the Falcons vs. Eagles on MNF should be a really good game. I want to see how much Vick has developed and progressed with another full year under his belt. McNabb vs. Vick! Should be good!

·
Registered
35,588 Posts
partyman66 said:
This game is being played in Carolina and has not been moved to Monday. Next weeks game has been moved to Monday night. It will preceed the Cowboys vs. Eagles game.

·
Registered
15,885 Posts
Current Spread line:

Eagles giving 1 to Falcons.....Slam on the Eagles when they were giving 2, will put more on now its 1....

Rams giving 6 to 49ers......Put my bet in on the Rams when it was at 4.5.... :wink:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
uhohNumber2brb said:
superdds said:
jl9618 said:
Here's my contribution- The Cardinals and Bengals are coming out the cellar and may make a splash :eek:
+1
Bengals are going to be a fun team to watch this year, offense has a lot of potential. Not too sure about the Cardinals, will depend on how much Warner has left in him.

i think there's plenty left in warner...plus i have high hopes for jj arrington

·
Registered
35,588 Posts
uhohNumber2brb said:
superdds said:
jl9618 said:
Here's my contribution- The Cardinals and Bengals are coming out the cellar and may make a splash :eek:
+1
Bengals are going to be a fun team to watch this year, offense has a lot of potential. Not too sure about the Cardinals, will depend on how much Warner has left in him.
Carson Palmer was definitely coming on strong at the end of the year last year when he got hurt. They are definitely gonna be a team to watch! As far as the Cardinals go . . . well we'll see.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Well from what I remember they picked up some young talent on D too. It might be Arrington that superdds mentioned.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
arrington is the stud rb from cal...although i hate cal, gotta give him props.
the db is antrel rolle from miami. look for him to make an immediate impact on d.

·
Registered
14,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hexxum001 said:
uhohNumber2brb said:
superdds said:
jl9618 said:
+1
Carson Palmer was definitely coming on strong at the end of the year last year when he got hurt. They are definitely gonna be a team to watch! As far as the Cardinals go . . . well we'll see.
Finally something that Hexxum and I can agree on. I like Denny Green and they do have some talent, but Kurt Warner will not last.

·
Registered
14,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GZire said:
I have always been and will always be a Rams fan.
An old cross town Raider rival. The lambs!

I like Marshall Faullk. In fact I used to watch him play in college when he was a heisman candidate. We share the same alma matter: SDSU.

So how do you think your team will fare?

1 - 20 of 7132 Posts