Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've go over 260 posts here and not 1 about racing so it should be pretty clear to those of you who have been around that I'm not much of a racer. I do like to drive fast, but frankly, I lack the skill and determination to really put a machine like this to the test. However, here's a story that might bring a little chuckle:

I'm heading home from work today and I'm stopped at a light which feeds directly into the freeway onramp. I'm tired and don't even notice a mustang that is pulled up next to me. Apparently, he notices my G because the minute the light turns green, dude peels out and screetches onto the freeway leaving me in the dust. I'm a little too shocked to do anything so I just cruise onto the freeway at 'normal' speed. About a half a mile later, I see the guy and he's been pulled over by a cop. I just had to laugh. Don't you think if you're gonna race someone, you should at least make eye contact first?

All that effort... for nothing but a speeding ticket. Not even the satisfaction of having killed a G35.

[loser]

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hahaha nice kloh. I love it when that happens. Laugh by him all the way and you should of honked to acknowledge and wave! hahah[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Oh yeah! You should have definitely given him a honk and wave. That would have been the icing on the cake!

[lol]
[loser]

[lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL... the honk & wave move would have been choice. Guess I still have a lot to learn about racing (not that I'll be doing much of it) [rockon]

-Ken

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hey Kloh, if you own a sports car, why not use it for what it's for? (Specially a sports coupe. ) I know a lady that lives in my neighborhood community, and drives an automatic coupe. She drives really fast, and looks like will put up a race once in a while. Matta fact, she passed next to me when I was on the way to the gym yesterday, and we exchanged compliments. She has an IP aero coupe with rear spoiler and willow. Gorgeous car. Anyway, getting back to topic, the main concept to keep in mind is these cars are built to enjoy, but always responsively. If you choose not to race on the street, that is a safe choice, but by all means do enjoy these beautiful beasts!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never said I wasn't enjoying the car... afterall, why buy this beast if you're not gonna ride it every once in awhile. [:D]

I've taken it through some really windy roads in the hills north of my place and I certainly have a hard time driving the "speed of traffic" if it's not at least 75mph. I just don't make a habit out of racing other drivers. I enjoy my more aggressive driving when there is no one else around. The last thing anyone wants is to have an amateur like me trying to be Jeff Gordon. I'd rather not have my brains being scrapped off the highway! [xx(]

-Ken

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

Kloh,
I admire you for sticking to your guns. Enjoy your car how you see fit. You know what you have and if you need it you got it. Take care.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Right on, Gardiner. [cheers]

One of these days I'd like to go to one of those racing schools and learn how to do it "proper." In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for a riced out Yugo to practice on. [8D]

-Ken

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Here ya go, or should I say Yugo!

Benton is beginning his 11th year of racing this season, having shepherded the Yugo from its stock 21-second configuration into the 14-second zone by warming over the tiny 1.3-liter engine to now produce about 115 horsepower – more than double its original output of 52! – with no power adders.

The power boost largely was achieved by porting and polishing the head and valves, having the engine balanced, and the addition of a windage tray and electric water pump. He had Crane custom-grind a camshaft and feeds the fuel through a pair of Weber 2-barrel progressive carbs atop a homemade intake. The Yugo weighs just 1490 pounds with him aboard and has cranked a best performance of 14.785 at 89.98 mph

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Wow Gardiner that Yugo is actually really impressive! DAMN they came stock with only 52 horsepower!!![bigeyes]

'03 G35 Sedan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts