Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Lol, sorry I'm cluttering up the A&N with my threads...)

So, I'm getting a new HU for Christmas, most likely a Kenwood DDX418. I plan on doing a full system replacement but I definitely don't have the money to do it all at once... so, a few questions:

1. I want to replace the front components and tweeters. If I do this before replacing the stock amp, what impedance should I get? 2 ohms? Or should I just go with 4 ohms? Will those work with the stock amp?

2. Going along with that, I need to replace the stock amp I guess. What should I look for? How many watts per channel?

3. If I'm going to get one or the other first, and the second later, what order should I get them in?

4. If I replace the front speakers and not the rear (6x9's will be disconnected because I have subs), will the stock rear speakers work with an aftermarket amp?

Basically, I don't want to buy one thing that will only work with the stock system and have to replace it later.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
1. Of you replace the stock speakers first, you need 2 ohm speakers to be compatible with the Bose amp. 4 ohm speakers will work with the Bose amp but sound output will be decreased noticeably. 2ohm speakers have a much more limited selection than 4 ohm speakers.

2.Some amps are compatible with 2ohm speakers while others aren't. I would be more concerned about matching the future speakers and amp. Watts per channel is subjective and depends on what you want out of the system and more importantly your budget.

3. I would save the money and get both together so they work together. Or buy one now and not install it until your get the other. If I has to choose, I would get the amp first.

4. Maybe. That depends on your amp and whether it will accept 2 ohm speakers.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
How many watts per channel you ask....well, that depends on the power handling of the speakers you select....(head scratching)

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Do speakers and amp together, all 4 ohm. Aftermarket speakers will sound like crap with the stock ~5w amp and/or blow them most likely

sent from Galaxy Note 2

·
Registered
177 Posts
Any other caveats? things to watch out for? Does a grounding kit come into play? Anybody have feedback on JL audio complete CS2 setup? amps, W6 or better subs?

:shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts