Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start by saying I am one picky bastard when it comes to my seat. Like my sig says, ITR (Integra Type R front seats). I have heard throughout the boards that the sedan has less bolster than the coupe does, first off, is this true? Secondly does anyone find the lateral support on the seats not enough for their vigorous driving?

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sirmilton,

Being as I'm the only one on the board (as far as I know) that has been autocrossing in the sedan, I can tell you that it's never been an issue at all for me. Not sure if the bolstering is different on the sport packaged sedan, but I can tell you it works great for me and I've never felt like I was sliding around in it.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
There really isn't a HUGE difference between the two. I mentioned in my comparison post a couple of days ago that the coupe's seat was more comfortable, but only in the sense that there is more lateral support. There is, however, a distinct difference in the feel of the two cars. One is more luxurious, the other more sporty. And the seats support that notion.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I don't think there is a HUGE difference like Kloh said in the coupe seats vs the sedan seats! The coupes seem a bit more bolstered than the sedans though when I sat in a coupe.

SirMilton you mentioned your, "vigorous driving" please tell me you are not one of those idiots who drive around thinking they are in a F1 race car constantly weaving in and out of traffic??? hehe[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am lucky to have access to some splendid back road privilages here in CT. Very few houses and very few other cars. ***NOTE*** I practice safe and aware driving at all times, I am sure that you are all familiar with the notion that driving faster is not less safe, in many cases those who do drive faster are paying more attention than your regular commuter or soccar mom.

[:D]

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Yes, driving fast in itself is not bad. It's when come around a corner and find 6 cyclists spread across the road. I passed a bike dude one day at about 80 mph, I'll bet he damn near pizzed himself.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette
2003 S10 Extended cab
1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I admit to nothing...[angel]

·
Registered
96 Posts
I drive fairly aggressively (and, I believe, with large doses of safety in mind) and I wish that the sedan seats had more lateral support. I had the non-sport seats in my 540i, and they were more supportive AND more comfortable. However, this goes back to the Infiniti's incredible bang for the buck. Sure, some fat bolstered, multi-adjustable racing seats would be my preference, but they would almost certainly cost a premium, and would probably exclude side airbags. I guess I can live with "adjusting" my rump from time to time!

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

1 - 10 of 10 Posts