Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I placed my order for a blk/blk G35 6MT and specifically requested that they DO NOT put on a front license plate OR drill holes. Although, I am in California and it's required and find it to be acomplete EYE sore and have not put one on my current care for 4 years. No probles s o far...KNock on wood! [hammer] Anyone else feel this way. Does anyone here from Cali know if its drilled at tyhe port or at the deealership? Thanks.
-Jedi

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I just got my coupe a few days ago and while the dealer already put the plates on both the front and back, there was a very small diamond graphite colored plate left inside my glove box. I'm not sure, but I THINK it's used to block the hole where the license would go if you didn't have one. Anyone else get one or know what this piece of plastic is for?

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Supposedly, a front license plate holder can be inserted into the tow hook in the front (that little square plate in the center of the front bumper).

Thankfully, I live in Arizona and we have no such laws.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Having lived in California for most of my life, I had no idea that front plates were not required in other states. Guess it's just been something I got used to. However, I would LOVE to get rid of it if I could.

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
34 Posts
the dealership actually said not to put the front plate on in NY and they are mandatory here but they asked first instead of going ahead and doing.

6MT-silver/graphite
aero, premium minus nav
ohh dont forget the trunk
mat LOL!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gbye40Gs

the dealership actually said not to put the front plate on in NY and they are mandatory here but they asked first instead of going ahead and doing.

6MT-silver/graphite
aero, premium minus nav
ohh dont forget the trunk
mat LOL!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Your lucky! Atleast your dealer respects it's customers!

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts