Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
53,494 Posts
you can't completely turn off the VDC unless you pull the brake fuse. So even with the VDC switch turned off, it is still somewhat active.

"Within spec" tire alignment numbers are no guarantee that you won't have tire wear issues. The alignment specs cover an entire degree of adjustability to be within specs. Lowering the car an inch will usually add about -0.8 degree camber, so that gives an idea about the large range that is acceptable.

The OEM springs are black.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
you can't completely turn off the VDC unless you pull the brake fuse. So even with the VDC switch turned off, it is still somewhat active.

"Within spec" tire alignment numbers are no guarantee that you won't have tire wear issues. The alignment specs cover an entire degree of adjustability to be within specs. Lowering the car an inch will usually add about -0.8 degree camber, so that gives an idea about the large range that is acceptable.

The OEM springs are black.
That would possibly explain the bad cupping and excessive inside wear on the fronts. My springs are gold. Is it possible that the springs messing with the camber enough that I'm getting this "shudder" I'm experiencing?

· Premium Member
53,494 Posts
Tires feather even with the stock suspension.

Gold springs are indicative of Tein H-Techs, which may not be so good for you because the G35 H-Techs are softer in the rear than the OEM springs.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Another update.

Got the new fronts on, I've not been able to make it happen since. The ones I had on their feathered and cupped bad quick. Those tires had 1500-2000 miles on them at most. Time to contact the manufacturer and see about a reimbursement.

· Registered
1 Posts
Ok, a while back I hit a nasty bump, everything seemed to be fine afterward when I had the car checked out. A while after it happened I started having an issue. When cornering hard enough to the left the steering wheel would stutter and the car would try to pull to the right as I was turning. Almost like understeer with an added vibration. It actually sounded like I was running over a rumble strip whenever it would happen. I just replaced the tires all around. I was driving it and went into a right hand turn. I experienced the same issue I did with the other side only this time the sound was much louder. This time around the car also slowed down by 20+ MPH. It's almost as if the tires are rubbing something when I corner hard enough to cause the car to lean enough. I've looked at the tires the tread doesn't appear to have any signs of rubbing damage. I've also turned the wheels to their extremities and there seems to be plenty of clearance everywhere. Tire sizes are the stock 225/45/18 fronts and 245/45/18 rears so clearance shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas?
Did you ever figure it out? What was it because I have the same issue.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts