Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm not a moderator, but I've been around long enough to see some common problems. Not sure what's causing this to happen, but I'm seeing it more often and its getting a bit annoying. I'm talking about posts that are either repeated (one right after another) or a quote of someone elses post without any additional comments. It's very simple to rectify this problem too. CHECK YOUR POSTS! If you accidentally post the same thing twice, you can go back and delete one of them. There is a little button that appears only above your own posts
that allows you to delete unnecessary posts. There's also a button that allows you to edit your posts
in case you need to add or change a picture or URL or something.

Just a few tips to help make this forum a little better for all of us.

Thanks

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
And, for the love of God, please pay attention to basic English grammar and spelling. Typing out the word "you" does not take that much effort.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
There are a lot of forums out there, but I've been sticking with this one because most of the members seem to be more mature and intelligent. Let's keep it that way.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

And, for the love of God, please pay attention to basic English grammar and spelling. Typing out the word "you" does not take that much effort.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Amen, brother Semi! [bowdown]

[lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and another tip. This one is on quoting.

Please only quote the text that is pertinent to your response. In other words, delete everything from the quoted text that isn't necessary. This is especially helpful when quoting something with a big picture in it. We don't need to see the picture again since it's right there above your post. Delete the part of the quoted text with the picture. I even take people's sigs out of their quotes most of the time. It makes it easier to scan through the forum if you're not reading everything over and over again in quoted text.

VQ, it might be helpful if you can make this thread a sticky one. Totally up to you.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Great advice guys. Oh and I agree with you Lead about the replies with quotes. VERY annoying seeing that!!!

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You raggin' on me lead... I just did that earlier today, and before I had a chance to trash my reply, I see Lead had already replied! You're just too quick [lol]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry VQ,

I promise I wasn't picking on you or anyone in general. I didn't even see the post you were talking about.

[dunno]

Thanks for the sticky!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Sorry VQ,

I promise I wasn't picking on you or anyone in general. I didn't even see the post you were talking about.
[dunno]

Suuuuuuuuuuure you didn't lead...hehe[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yo V is your post gone for good? [bigeyes]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What post? [:D]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

What post?

The original one that you did or thought about doing before Lead beat you to it. [:D]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
123 Posts
Another thing, break your paragraphs into smaller paragraphs as much as possible!

Keep your paragraphs focused.

I know i'm not really knowledgeable in anything but I like the prospect of thinking that I MIGHT be able to[^].

aim: johnnzen
email: [email protected]
'o4 sedan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts