Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

For the people who lease.......

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  miowname 
#1 ·
ok, so call me cheap, but i leased my coupe. at the time i simply didnt want to lay alot of money down to get my payments to where the lease would be. now here's the deal, at the end of my lease (48 mos) my residual (i guess thats what its called) will be 17 grrr. should i just roll the damn thing over here in the next couple of months into a buy or should i just wait til the end of the lease. i love this car and can see myself keeping it for more than 4 yrs, especially if i can find some boost. or should i just baby it and get rid of it at the end of the lease. my big problem is is that i got the car in dec and already have over 12k on it. help a brother out.......

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

See less See more
#2 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DrRick

my big problem is is that i got the car in dec and already have over 12k on it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's a lot of miles in 5 months on a leased car! What's your allowed mileage per year? If you continue driving that kind of mileage, it would probably be better to buy it rather than turn it in and pay the mileage charges. One good thing about a lease is at the end of a 48 month lease, you can get into a 2007 G!

Jim
6MTCoupe/DesertPlatinum/Graph/Prem/Nav/Aero

#4 ·
well since we're family, its about 6 bills a month. it actually lowered when i moved to TX. but ive still payed the same. i shouldve just bought the damn thing. but i can write-off a lease payment....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

#5 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35MD

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DrRick

my big problem is is that i got the car in dec and already have over 12k on it.

That's a lot of miles in 5 months on a leased car! What's your allowed mileage per year? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

15k a year. but im about to buy a beat around car. if you can call a 1st gen GS300 thats gonna prepped for a single turbo from Perfomance Motorsports, a beat around.....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

#6 ·
Nice DrRick...keep us updated on your project car (GS300). Have you talked with Clint. Not sure if he is still around in the racing scene but he use to be a couple years ago hardcore there in Austin. He drove a Lexus SC300 I think...that had a HUGE turbo and tuned to something around 400-500HP...it was a beast!!! Where is Performance Motorsports at?? New shop in Austin?

'03 G35 Sedan.

#7 ·
Dr. Rick,
If you are rolling that much miles, I would strongly suggest you buy the G. If not, you will be receiving a hefty bill for mileage. But, If you see yourself balancing your mileage with your around town Lexus, then you are good to go with staying with the lease. Cool...[cheers]

Almost Here | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite |

#9 ·

ok, so call me cheap, but i leased my coupe. at the time i simply didnt want to lay alot of money down to get my payments to where the lease would be. now here's the deal, at the end of my lease (48 mos) my residual (i guess thats what its called) will be 17 grrr. should i just roll the damn thing over here in the next couple of months into a buy or should i just wait til the end of the lease. i love this car and can see myself keeping it for more than 4 yrs, especially if i can find some boost. or should i just baby it and get rid of it at the end of the lease. my big problem is is that i got the car in dec and already have over 12k on it. help a brother out.......

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

Agree with the two on buying a second knock around car to keep the miles off or make sure you buy the car at the end of the lease and see what you can get by then selling it. Sometimes that works too but you have to see how many miles you have when yuo finally end your lease and what it's going to be worth vs what you can sell it for. That might be cheaper than paying the overmileage fees[banghead]

G20t owner, Internet Manager North Shore Infiniti. Love Infiniti's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.