Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
honestly the Y-pipe is super easy to swap out yourself with just 2 jack stands or access to a lift. I would just replace the y-pipe with an aftermarket one that was a little more performance oriented than what was there. Unless you just want it to be stock, which isn't that bad either.

Personally when mine got rubbed out and tore I just swapped to a tomie y-pipe. But then I also always swap parts when something breaks to a performance version of it. Helps me build a performance car in smaller price jumps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
lol you must live near salt or something. if you have a second vehicle put the G on stands and take some kind of pentation lube (wd40, pb blaster, etc.) and spray it down till its dripping on the bolts and let it sit over night. then spray again the next day about an hour before you work on it or like 5 min before. then try to break them free. saves a lot of pain. the gaskets and all are simple as long as you line things up.

as far as where to get parts Ive been finding what I want from z1 or conceptZ then going and finding that exact part on ebay or facebook for about half to a 3rd of the price. some parts are used for that range others can be new but be just a little more than half the cost. just look for good ratings from a seller and if people leave a review about them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts