Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, does anyone know if Infiniti finances for 72 months and what are their rates?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I don't think Infiniti Financing will (just based on their web site), but I'm sure you could get 72 months from other sources (banks).

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Mine is 72 months from IFS, though it is clear to me now that I got bent over on the rate (8.9% if memory serves).

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ouch. I wonder what the best rate you could get on a 72 mo. loan would be?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I spoke to a salesman on Fri. and he said w/ excellent credit I could get a 72 month loan around 5.4%. I guess thats not to bad.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rockman

I was wondering, does anyone know if Infiniti finances for 72 months and what are their rates?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I just got an eloan for 4.39% for the purpose of getting this car. Check them out at http://e-loan.com

-------
impatiently waiting for my Diamond Graphite...

·
Registered
41 Posts
A word of caution w/ peoplefirst and e-loan, make certain that your dealer will accept their checks and let you take the new car on the day that you sign. Many dealers say that they will not do business with these checks (I ran into two dealers who won't take these checks). At the very least, they may make you wait until the e-loan or peoplefirst loan check clears, which I understand could take up to a week (b/c it is out of state).

On a more positive note, the dealer can and probably will match their rates, but it sucks that you have to go through the whole credit process with e-loan and/or peoplefirst to get the dealer to match the rate. Especially since they will both run your credit...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't know who pulls the strings on E-Loan, but PeopleFirst is owned by CapitalOne. Their rates are always identical. But, Monger has a good point about dealers not wanting to turn over the car until the check clears. It does give you leverage with the dealer on financing through them.

Taxman

03 Platinum Coupe

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Thanks for the words of caution. I did talk to my dealership about using e-loan and the first question they asked was "why?" Obviously, the answer was the interest rate -- but they did say they would do everything they could to either match it or come close.

-------

·
Registered
41 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Thanks for the words of caution. I did talk to my dealership about using e-loan and the first question they asked was "why?" Obviously, the answer was the interest rate -- but they did say they would do everything they could to either match it or come close.

-------

Therein lies the problem, e-loan ran your credit, which means an inquiry on your credit report. Then the dealer tells you they won't take e-loan checks, and runs your credit, which means another inquiry on your report. So, even though he matches the rate (most likely he will), you still have a black mark on your credit. On a more positive note, you can and should use this as leverage. The dealer makes money both through an interest rate spread and on the basis of the number of loans they run through a given lender. I asked my dealer what he made off this and he told me about $200. Offer to split the difference for your inconvenience. I was caught off guard and did not do this...

Then, if you shop around for insurance for your new G, you will get another inquiry... I like to keep these inquiries down to a minimum b/c some lenders frown upon too many inquiries. Especially since I am going through a refinance on my house...

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Monger -

Thanks for the insight. I also re-financed my home recently -- and I do remember getting a line item about "too many inquiries" on my credit report but fortunately it didn't affect my ability to get a low interest rate on the re-fi. I will definitely take your suggestion and ask the dealer about splitting the difference. I'm skeptical, however, since this car is so hot that they would do anything to the price. Perhaps I can get free mudguards or floormats or something like that...

-Ken

-------

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I was able to pull a 4.14%APR on my sedan with a 60-month loan. Is this considered budgetable?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just ordered a black-on-black, auto, 18", Navi, aero with a 3.42% rate. I went through JPMorganChase. To bad I wont have the car unti June [banghead].

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Rashan

I just ordered a black-on-black, auto, 18", Navi, aero with a 3.42% rate. I went through JPMorganChase. To bad I wont have the car unti June [banghead].

This is an excellent rate Rashan. How many months is your term? Are you leasing or Financing? The dealer where I bought my car has never done anyone below 5.75% on the G, so I considered myself lucky to have the credit that I have... Plus I know the finance manager for like 8 years now since I bought my 96' G20. [grad] Hope your coupe comes in sooner. [thmsup]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
18 Posts
XL—

Im financing for 60 mons. Im working with the largest Infiniti dealer in the US and they’re saying it aint looking good before June/ July. But maybe someone will cancel their order and I’ll be the lucky soul to pick up their car.

Ra!

Once you go BLACK...you never go BACK! Coming soon to the Jersey Turnpike: Black Obsidian/ Graphite Leather, 18",Premi, Navi, Aero, Auto

2Black2Strong

1 - 16 of 16 Posts