Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the wait, I think I am going to get the G real soon. I have been juggling between the Z and the G, but I am definitely leaning towards the G. The Z only has 2 seats. COME ON! But it IS 5000 cheaper. A dealer in SD said he would take a grand off MSRP; whereas, the Infiniti dealer was telling me how the cars are flying off the shelves and that I should be lucky for buying the car at MSRP, which I thought was BS. I know for a fact that the demand isn't as hot as it was when the car came out. What would be a good price for a G these days? how much below MSRP perhaps? I am willing to wait a few months if you guys believe it will go any lower. Thanks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got $500 taken of sticker last month, and that was a "one time offer." The longer you wait the more you'll be able to negotiate.

- Desparetly seeking a nice wood dash kit for my black 6MT.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Is that $5000 lower Z price for a comparably-equipped car? I considered a Touring edition Z before buying my G, but don't remember if the price difference was that much... and the 2 seats was definitely a disadvantage.

At this point I would still expect to pay MSRP. As jtb stated, there are some who get lucky and get a few hundred off (nice going, jtb!), but I think it's more the exception rather than the rule. However, having said that, if it's more important to you to pay less than MSRP and are willing to wait to get it, I'm sure it will happen eventually.

good luck.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
818 Posts
These cars are going for MSRP!!
IF you can find one....

Deals probably by winter, but not in the middle of summer...

Mr. $500 off...You got VERY LUCKY!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The base for the Touring Z (which is the closest to the standard G35C) is $33,179. The base for the standard G35C is $31,550. The track Z which is the closest to the 6MT G starts at $34079 whereas the 6MT G starts at 32,200. Which features are you using to find a $5k price delta?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't believe they were "exactly alike" but they sure were comparable. I was looking at the Z enthusiast with options to match up against G35... once again, not exactly but surely comparable. That came out to about 31000 including a 1000 discount from the dealer. And G35 coupe AUTO with leather, aero came out to around 35-36000, which is roughly 5000. I really can't get over the 2 seater thing too. Does anyone think waiting a few more months for a USED is a good idea? I really don't care if my car is "brand new" or "used"... If I could cut a good deal for a used, why not? Afterall, I AM only 19.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Do whatever is right for you maynard... used should be fine if you can find one. It actually might be harder to find a used one than a new one though now if you post about CA dealerships is accurate.

Good luck, and let us know when you get one.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
definitely check insurance first -- but because you're 19... the coupe is a 2+2, and rates better than an Integra.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.