Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got one. I have been saving for over two years, waiting to get a 330i sport for most of that time. I noticed the good press on the G35 about 1 month ago. A few test drives, and more research from this site and others, and I now a proud owner of an '03 Sedan 6MT, premium, winter, aerodynamic package with wing, and dealer installed underbody diffusors (since they don't come with the aero kit, and I wanted that extra stability & lower coeficient of drag at high speeds), black on black with my V1 ready to go.

Was planning on purchasing a '04 car end of the summer, but the dealer offered me a deal I couldn't refuse on a 4 month old stock car, and my local bank had a finace rate 'sale' that offered 3.49% interest for 60 months. For those interested in price, got around 1.9% over dealer invoice, with dealer installed diffusors and free oil changes for the first year (their closer to buy this month rather than next as I wanted). Anybody else get a Mikasa crystal vase as a dealer gift??? Nice touch, but as a 26 year old guy I wouldn't pick a crystal vase as a gift. Will get more use out of the complimentary leather bose CD holder.

Now just patiently waiting for the break-in period to be over -- I can tell that engine is just begging to get to red-line. 250 miles down in 1 day (no dealer in Peoria IL, so up to Chicago I went), 750 more to go.

·
Registered
328 Posts
nice one donfleck1

congratulations on your new car...and by the way, i hope you don't mind me asking..how much was the Valentine one?

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
congrats, donfleck1! [clapper]

hope you got something in writing for those free oil changes...

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nice ride Don! I came across a guy here in Miami with a non sport black sedan, but it had the full aero kit, and let me tell you, the car looks bad ass! Make sure you post some pics when you get a chance!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures are forthcoming. I have the oil changes and the installed diffusors in writing (diffusors are on order).

The V1 is analogous to the G35 coupe; while everybody would like to pay under list/sticker price, its just not going to happen (unless you find one that is broken/damaged/outdated). As a pricing analyst who is very frugal, I tried every way possible to buy cheaper than the full price. I tried bargaining on the phone with Valentine, and got no where (unfortunate for us, their vertical distribution channel/method is managed well, allowing tight control of prices and discounting). I searched ebay, but most were outdated designs that needed $100-$200 in updates through valentine (note! before you buy on ebay, get the serial number and enter it on the valentine website to see if it is current software, or how much it takes to upgrade). My two cents, this radar detector is worth every one of the 40,000 pennies it costs, just like the G35 is worth its price. They both do their respective jobs better than the competition. It has saved my ass many times, and the directional arrows are to thank in several instances (undercover mustangs and camaros that sneak up behind and shoot). I have tried several now, and I won't go back to other brands. Plus its upgradable and the magnesium case is police radar detector detector proof, for states that don't allow detectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts