Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my way to the club this time (seems like i party alot doesnt it?) and i pass a black s2k. black rims, somewhat ricey wing, aftermarket exhaust, but nice nonetheless. its about 11 or so and we're rolling down parmer towards mopac. i pace him for a sec and then i see he isnt game and i go on. light coming up ahead and it catches both of us. i look over and he looks over........is it on? nope he takes off normally and so do i. catch another light. he looks over again and rolls down his window. we chat about my car and his. so im thinking, "he'll do it this time". nada. i take off slowly and he is ahead. he slows at about 50 and i get beside him. i can hear him rev, so i drop to 3rd. get beside him and he hammers it, and so do i. i completely walk him, but as i get about a car on him, i hear him downshift. "ok he picked the wrong gear", so i slow. he gets beside and i honk 3 times. we go at about 50 or 60, and the same thing happens. he goes and then it sounds like he downshifts. now i know about v-techs, but this was def a downshift. so i walk him again.
we get to another light, and i ask him if he is in the wrong gear. he says that he shouldve downshifted sooner. obviously, he just got the car and is getting familiar with it. so i wont count those. but i will count this one. we take off from the light and he slams it at about 20. im in second and floor it too, pull about a car on him, and shift to 3rd. slip, grab, and pull another few cars. shut it down right as i get into 4th. he's about 5 or 6 cars back. cool guy but i wish he had been more experienced with his car. that could have been some serious fun. or maybe the G is just faster.....[dunno][grad][pimp]

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
From a roll he should have done good, being he could have been in the right rpm range. Maybe you will run across him again later once he figures out that his engine loves to be redlined.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah those S2000's are fast little cars. Not sure a coupe could take one with a 'decent' driver...but anyhoot congrats on the wins Dr.Rick. What club did you hit up???

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I once saw a yellow S2000 stay with a Pontiac Trans-Am Firehawk from a roll!!! [bigeyes]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz
Yeah those S2000's are fast little cars. Not sure a coupe could take one with a 'decent' driver...Dr.Rick. What club did you hit up???

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

went to the Red Fez. im good friends with the DJ (Kurupt) and it was his 2 yr anniversary. felt a little old but there were soooo many flavors there. yummy...... back to the run. this was my 2nd time lining up with an s2k. the other was down towards the lake. i got the jump at 60 and kept the lead at about a car. i have nothing but respect for the cars. when the vtech kicks in they literally leap. very good competition with a good driver......

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know... but maan those cars are slow...LOL [bigmouth]
But seriously those cars cannot be modded much for power unless you add a poweradder, so mods will not get him much faster if any at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts