Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... my friend tinted his G35 Sedan a few months ago and just last week he rolled his window down and it made a weird noise... as he rolled it back up, there was this HUGE gash straight through the tint on his driver's side window...

I've read a lot about G35 windows screwing up/breaking down and ppl having to go get it fixed... because of this high risk, do you guys think its even worth getting tint? Although the window/window motor is under warranty, the tint is not... so... what do you guys think? Would you get tint knowing that it could get f'ed up like that? [xx(]

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AznShodan

Hey... my friend tinted his G35 Sedan a few months ago and just last week he rolled his window down and it made a weird noise... as he rolled it back up, there was this HUGE gash straight through the tint on his driver's side window...

I've read a lot about G35 windows screwing up/breaking down and ppl having to go get it fixed... because of this high risk, do you guys think its even worth getting tint? Although the window/window motor is under warranty, the tint is not... so... what do you guys think? Would you get tint knowing that it could get f'ed up like that? [xx(]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Well, I already did and so far no problems. BUt that being said....... I dunno.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
haven't heard of window problems this bad before... anyone else?

AznShodan, here's a thought: have it tinted by the dealer. If they don't do it there themselves (many don't) buy it through them and they'll take it to the shop they normally use. That way, if anything goes wrong, it's completely under warranty (assuming you don't take a blade to it).

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine has been tinted 2 times. My tint shop sucked big time so had to do it again. I kept noticing these grease streaks each time I rolled down the window. Read here that many have that. Brought it in to get fixed. While fixing they cut my tint in one spot on each window. They are paying to retint the car but say that it'll probably happen again. What's worse is the the grease is still there. What kind of B.S. is this. Anyone else have the problem.

·
Registered
336 Posts
There is nothing in your door that would cause it to scratch your window. What Im thinking is the tint company you used was using one of those flat tools they have and somehow managed to leave it in there and your friend (or is it you[^]) hit a bump on the road which caused it to pin itself between the door and the glass. But hey I could be wrong too. Tell your friend to take the panel off the door and inspect. Its easy, just pull it off with a butter knife.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
If I recall, Semi had a problem with grease on his windows... not sure if it was the same thing though. [dunno] I think his dealership did something to fix it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I believe there was a TSB out for grease marks on the windows. Check with your dealer.

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Registered
28 Posts
speaking of my tint getting scratched. the dealer scratched it on both windows. no tool was left inside the door on both doors...come on. the dealer tightened something in the door he said to stop the grease spots but said doing so made something in the door touch the window each time it is rolled down thus scratching it on both windows. have no idea what it could be. they say that it will probably scratch the new tint too which is unaccaptable.

going to bring it to another dealer to fix it b/4 i let them pay for it to be re-tinted for a damn 3rd time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah... thus-far tinting our windows seems almost risky with all these random problems... hrm...

but I guess to resolve the issue, I'd take Kloh's advice and get it done by the Infiniti Dealership... that way you have both the window AND tint under warrantee...

If the tint (done by a 3rd party) gets scratched by the window motors (or something inside the door panel), do you think Infiniti would pay for the tint to get fixed? since it was the car's fault?

[image]http://www.learnlink.emory.edu/~skim7/pictures/sig01.jpg[/image]
2003 DG G35C 6MT

·
Registered
61 Posts
A professional tint job should NOT create the squealing sound you are hearing when windows are rolled up/down nor should the tint be damaged, greasy, etc unless it is not a good tint or if you do it yourself.

There is a tech bulletin out on door/window stoppers problem that's causing the problem with windows rattling or making a squealing sound and with felt rubbing against the window. I had my windows tinted recently and noticed the squealing sound afterwards. The dealership fixed the problem.

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Even though I gave the advise of having the dealership do it, I actually had mine done at a third party. But, it's the place that many dealerships in my area use, so they do very good work. Hopefully, I never have the problems others are describing with the windows. If I do, I sure hope either the tint place OR the dealer will fix it. I wouldn't be wild about spending another $200 to tint again!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Even though I gave the advise of having the dealership do it, I actually had mine done at a third party. But, it's the place that many dealerships in my area use, so they do very good work. Hopefully, I never have the problems others are describing with the windows. If I do, I sure hope either the tint place OR the dealer will fix it. I wouldn't be wild about spending another $200 to tint again!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I've herad of this one really good guy in Atlanta, GA by the name of Sam (I believe?) who does tint for some of the local dealerships. His shop name is All Star Solar Tinting.

Has anyone in this forum had any direct experience with this guy or this shop? Do they do a good job? Are there any other good tinting places in Atlanta that you guys have had experience with? Recommendations?

[image]http://www.learnlink.emory.edu/~skim7/pictures/sig01.jpg[/image]
2003 DG G35C 6MT

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey G35Woman, where did you get your windows tinted. I'm in the ATL area and I've been looking for a place that is recomended to me, I don't want to just pick a place. I've also never tinede any of my cars (I've only had 2, including this one) I'm just a little lost here [wstupid]

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
its because YOUR FRIEND has dirty felt. he has to clean the black felt that is on the inside of the window.

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan | Brilliant Silver - Graphite Leather - Premium Package - Winter Package - Auto
350z intake tube - stillen cai - clear corners - skyline pedals - diomand subs
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
just a thought - Rwhen reading various "tinting tips", I have seen mention that G's have TWO window weather strips in the door and that you need to flip the lowermost one over to avoid scratching the tints.

2004 | 6MTs | Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Upstate NY

1 - 16 of 16 Posts