Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I need help in purchasing extended warranty for my 2009 Infiniti G37X. Manufacturing warranty is going to expire in couple of weeks. Please suggest me what type of warranty is good which covers most repairable parts and where to buy the warranty.

Please suggest me ASAP.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
I would just put away a little money each month to save for repairs. Extended warranties are usually very expensive for the limited coverage they provide. These cars don't have a reputation for breaking down.

But if you want an extended warranty, go with the Infiniti warranty or see if your insurance company offers something. You want a company that won't be out if business next month with your money and no coverage.

·
Registered
50,074 Posts
If it's not an infiniti warranty don't bother. Aftermarket warranties will do anything to not honor a claim and you are completely at their mercy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Like mentioned,, these don't have a history of problems so it's a big gamble with your money you can avoid.
If you pay cash for the ext warranty or pack in into payment/financing, you are looking at dedicated $ that may never be used in part or at all.

That same $45 or ?? a month can go to your auto emergency fund. A fund you may never need to use or dip into for your car, yet money you have.
Car maint is something you will be doing anyways + tires / brakes through the years etc.... Those costs can/should be planned as schedule shows.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ALL insurance is a gamble. You're betting that you specifically will need it and the insurance company is betting that you won't. The odds ride, as usual, with the house. All that assumes that said insurance company is honest and will pay if needed and many aren't and won't.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
... and many buy/finance cars without a nickle in savings.
The first $300 or $3000 repair job puts them on the bus for transport to work. The car is meaningless when sidelined and they still have to make the payments !

It really makes sense for banks or reputable lending institutions to offer warranty with solid backing. It protects both parties.

·
Registered
145 Posts
... and many buy/finance cars without a nickle in savings.
The first $300 or $3000 repair job puts them on the bus for transport to work. The car is meaningless when sidelined and they still have to make the payments !

It really makes sense for banks or reputable lending institutions to offer warranty with solid backing. It protects both parties.
Ask yourself which will cost you more in the long run. Either paying the insurance premium in one lump and wrapping it into your car loan or paying it over time to the insurance company vs taking a short term bank loan for the repair cost and paying that back if you don't have cash resources. I think you'll come out well ahead if you self finance any repair costs - assuming you have any.

It's also true that many people prefer to have the security of not having to concern themselves about the possibility of an expensive repair. That's certainly a valid point of view, but you're gonna pay for it.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Ask yourself which will cost you more in the long run. Either paying the insurance premium in one lump and wrapping it into your car loan or paying it over time to the insurance company vs taking a short term bank loan for the repair cost and paying that back if you don't have cash resources. I think you'll come out well ahead if you self finance any repair costs - assuming you have any.

It's also true that many people prefer to have the security of not having to concern themselves about the possibility of an expensive repair. That's certainly a valid point of view, but you're gonna pay for it.
It would seem to me the variables are interest rates and term but my points were:

The 'gamble' in which case (ideally) one should set aside a budget of savings to grow for upcoming events that are possible so they have the $$ to fix it and it isn't lost to a Warranty Plan as 100% profit if they don't.

and

Many people finance their way to the 3rd car before they've lost all equity and don't have $300 for license plates. (Yet they are strolling around with $600 phone and $6 Triple Latte) - I found this out by selling cars for a few years. :)
These people are already down the river into the rapids. If they can or do get a warranty rolled into their loan, it may be the one thing that saves their job by keeping their car running.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts