Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my G35 coupe form the dealer on Saturday. These cars are awesome!! I was wondering if anyone bought an extended warranty from a source other than the dealer and if so what kind of recommendations you'd have.

It seems like you can save a lot of money by buying the extended warranty from somebody ohter than the dealer

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Personally, I almost never buy extended warranty's for anything.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
5 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by heebz1

I just picked up my G35 coupe form the dealer on Saturday. These cars are awesome!! I was wondering if anyone bought an extended warranty from a source other than the dealer and if so what kind of recommendations you'd have.

It seems like you can save a lot of money by buying the extended warranty from somebody ohter than the dealer

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
5 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by heebz1

Sorry about the first reply I sent with nothing said! I am brand new to this site. However, there is a lot of good information on http://www.carbuyingtips.com/ They also have a good source of for extended warrantee seekers as well. Basically they say not to buy the extended warrantee from the dealer because it can be purchased else where at a much lesser cost. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Agree. AND you can buy them AFTER your original warrenty expires.

'03 G35 Coupe / 5AT / Carrib Blue / Willow Leather / Sport Wheels

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Roland Clark

Sorry about the first reply I sent with nothing said! I am brand new to this site. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Roland, welcome to the site. You can delete that earlier post by clicking the trash icon in the header above your post. Also, when replying, it's better to enter your reply outside the [ quote ] tags.

Regards,

-Ken

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
9 Posts

I got two quotes from other places, then went back to the dealer and told them. They matched the best one. That is how it seems to work with a lot of things.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have to warn you about buying an aftermarket extended warranty that is not sold through Infiniti. Even the dealers may sell you non-Infiniti agreements. I purchased a Grand Am (First car) with an extended warranty throught the dealer, but it was not a Pontiac warrantee - it was DSD or some other company. Any way, the only place I could find to honor the warrantee was the dealer that sold it. You do have the option of paying for it yourself and asking for reimbursement, but who wants to do that. So I broke down in Atlantic City and my dealer was in Staten Island. Well needless to say, the tow fee would have made up the difference between the Genuine Pontiac warrantee verus the one i bought.

Moral to the story:

If you buy a warrantee make sure it is a Genuine Infiniti warrantee, get the name of the insurer and call a couple of dealerships and make sure they will honor whatever warrantee you buy.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still not sure about getting the extended warranty. But it is an expensive car and with some of the problems I've seen on the posts I sure wouldn't want to have to pay to fix some of that stuff out of pocket.

Making sure it's a geniune Infiniti warranty seems like a great idea.

I did see that you could buy an extended warranty after the original but the price continues to go up with the more miles you put on the car. It's like life insurance. the older you/it is the more it costs...

Taking my G to Vegas this weekend! Can't wait to hit the open road for the first time. It's a big open swath of desert from LA to Vegas...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anybody buy an extended warranty from the dealer? They want $1800 which seems very expensve. I know some dealers will deal on the price of the extended warrany. Has anybody had been able to deal on the extended warranty with an Infiniti dealer? I have a deposit on a 2004 diamond Graphite MT that will hopefully come in this coming week and I am still debating if I should get the extra warranty. Any thoughts? Thanks Guys. Soon I will be able to talk to you guys about my experience with the G35 rather than just reading about yours.[:D]

Marc

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Here are my inputs on the Extended Warranty.

WARNING! Aftermarket Warranty

** DO NOT BUY ONE **

Here is why:

I bought an extended warranty from a company called Warranty Gold on my 2000 Accord EXVL Coupe. Warranty Gold advertised the funds were absolutely secure and backed by an AA rated insurance policy. I even used it once to replace the alternator at the dealer, which saved me a couple hundred dollars. My parents used theirs for repairs on their GM product transmission. It worked great. You could take your car anywhere...even to the dealer..and they paid the dealer right away with a credit card. No paying out of your pocket and then waiting to get reimbursed.

THE PROBLEM
http://www.warrantygold.com/index.asp

The company went Chapter 11. While they remain in business and continue to sell ...mine is worth NOTHING.

The Infiniti warranty is backed by Nissan North America. So if Nissan goes out of business, you are hosed....however, the chances of that are not very great.

I bought an Infiniti Extended Warranty for my G35.

An extended warranty is NOT for everyone. I bought one because I plan to keep this car for the 100,000 miles. If you plan to keep the car long term, in my opinion it is worth the investment. If you don't use it, sweet. But, if you do need to use it, how much do you think it costs to replace one of those window motors we read about on here? or diagnose and repair the VDC system and check engine light when it comes on? It is an insurance policy.

You must maintain your car AND keep perfect service records.

If you are buying a warranty because you think it will help the resale value, don't get it. Yes you can transfer it to a new owner, but you will never recover the money invested.

Also, if you plan to make performance modifications to your car's powertrain (engine or transmission); don't get one. It will void those parts of the warranty.

I paid $1699 for the $0 deductible 100,000 mile warranty. I paid this in December 2003. Unfortunately since that vehicle was totaled in an accident, I needed to buy a new G and a new warranty (I will get most the money back on the old one since I only had 7,800 miles on the car).

In July 2004, the price of the warranty has gone up. However, I will tell you that you can negotiate the price of the warranty with the dealer just as you can negotiate what you are willing to pay for the car. Sewell Infiniti in Dallas was going to try and charge me $2,300 for one until I told them how much Grubbs Infiniti was going to sell one to me for...then they "matched" the price.

I bought both my G35 Coupes from Bob Feldman at Grubbs Infiniti. Maybe I could have saved another $300 to $500 through continued negotiations at Sewell, however, Grubbs and Bob Feldman offered me the best deal to begin with both on the G and on the warranty. They are honest and treated me with respect. I plan to get my car serviced at Grubbs and the comfort level I have with them went a long way in securing the deal and the feeling they will take care of me down the road.

Each one of us bought our G35 in a different market and with a varying supply and demand. Do you homework and you will always feel comfortable with your purchase and how much you paid.

"As long as no deceptive tactics are used, the "fair" price is whatever you and the dealer agree on."

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
robb411 - another great lil write up ... way to bring a post from the dead. Are the extended warrenties more expensive if you get it after buying? I'm kinda paranoid about the G and knowing my luck something will break the mile after my warrenty runs out.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I'd suggest not buying one at the dealer - wait until you see how reliable the car is before you make a move. You can always buy a factory extended warranty, as long as you have some small balance of the factory warranty remaining.

Kal.

'04 G35 Coupe 6MT, Black/Black, Premium Package, Aero Package w/Spoiler

·
Registered
649 Posts
I bought an extended warranty for a laptop that the vendor sold. The first time the laptop went belly up, they sent it to Sony, who had the original one year warranty. When it went belly up again at 3 years, I got out the old extended warranty. When the company received it, they said an examination reveal a scuff mark, which meant it had been dropped. Oh, guess what? The warranty didn't cover drops. Show me a 3 yr old laptop without a scuff mark. But, they felt bad so they would fix it if I paid half of the repair bill, which was $500, for a 3 yr old laptop. Anyway, point is, an aftermarket company is unreliable, they may not honor the warranty because they claim you didn't take good enough care of the item or that they are not liable. I'll never buy another aftermarket warranty. What if they want to see all your oil change receipts? I do my own. They will be able to find a way to deny coverage, or they may just go Chapter 11 like robb411 said.

´03 G35 Coupe| Brilliant Silver/Graphite| 5AT | Aero| Performance| Nav| 28% Tint| Al pedals|clear corners|JWT Pop Charger z Tube|GroundingGear

1 - 14 of 14 Posts