Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a fairly quiet exhaust that will maximize engine performance while allowing for you to still hear the engine sound at all throttle ranges. You guys get me? Does anybody know if Greddy makes a double exhaust for the V35 Skyline from Japan, it might just fit the G... [thmsup]. Let us know...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, no one's responded. I don't know if I've an answer for you, Xzellerate. Right now, from what I can see almost all the forthcoming mods are for the coupe and especially the six speed manual. About all I see out there is a Stillen (stillen.com and other e-tailers sell his stuff cheaper than he does) rear muffler only for the sedan. However, now that the manual trans sedan is out, there could be more exhaust mods for the sedans. I just saw a sedan run at practice for SCCA solo two this afternoon; nice car.

My take? I'd go to i-m-racing.com and call them and ask for what's out there for your sedan. I'm with you on sounds; I'll be taking delivery of a coupe very soon, and I'm not into loud exhausts that drown out the engine or music. Plus, noise gets very tiring especially on long trips which I do quite a bit.

That's why, whatever you buy, try really hard to go hear someone with it already on. When I was looking at a possible purchase of an Acura cl, I found a guy thru an Acura dealer who let me drive and listen to his mods. They were too loud for me. At the moment, i've got Borla rear mufflers only (not catbacks) on another make of car. A friend has a full catback borla system and if I'd put that on, I would have gone nuts [:(!] listening to it. Mine is mellow and can growl a little [:D] when I floor it; his is loud-loud all the time and really loud when he floors it. Nice if you're going drag racing all the time, but not for me.

That's all I know for now. Good luck and keep drivin'!

BOND[:D]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As strange as this may sound, the supercharger kit for the Nissan 350Z restrofits perfectly in to the sedan but not the coupe. Both vehicles need to wait on release anyway but it's interesting since I can't see any visual differences in the engine bays...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im new on this site and need some help. I dont know if I should get get a greddy twin turbo kit or the stillen supercharger with intercooler any feedback would be greatly appreciated

KL-G35COUPE-6MT-RED

·
Registered
56 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

I want a fairly quiet exhaust that will maximize engine performance while allowing for you to still hear the engine sound at all throttle ranges. You guys get me? Does anybody know if Greddy makes a double exhaust for the V35 Skyline from Japan, it might just fit the G... [thmsup]. Let us know...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Borla has a true duel cat-back exhaust for the sedan, the only other one (true duel) is the stillen but its more money. Go to hopupracing.com and check it out.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I really think that I would go with a stillen exhaust sytem for a G35 Coupe, however, the full blitz exhaust system has also caught my eye, I was wondering what you guys would prefer of all the exhaust systems out in the market.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i would just like to add that i dont know much about exhaust systems for the G35 but i was under the impression that the straighter the piping the better the flow which in turn equals more hp?...if that is the case then the injen exhaust system looks to be the best but im quite skeptical as im not sure injen can design a competent system...i mean we are talking about a company that up until now has simply been making cai's for various hondas...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Injen has been making performance products for a very long time, for all sorts of cars. Not just intakes for Hondas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats news to me...i have been in the general tuning scene for a good 5 years now and have very sketchy knowledge regarding this company...maybe im in a unique position because i have never known anyone that has used their products and when, in the past, i have purchased aftermarket equipment i have been steered away from injen by various vendors...its weird

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
X - if'n ya haven't found these yet, try this...

350Z Exhaust Shootout! sound clips, Aug 2003 in San Jose CA.

The 350Z MP3s are of each exhaust system from inside the car on the dyno and then driving by the microphone at WOT. The MPEGs show the exhaust tips and give some more feel of the exhaust note.

The G35 files have the sound from inside the car on the dyno, in front of the car on the dyno, and driving by the microphone at WOT.

Find all the files right here: http://www.zfilms.org/SportZMag/DynoDay2003

2004 | 6MTs | Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Upstate NY

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
The exhaust producing the highest HP gain may not be the best choice. Would you buy it if it also lost a significant amount of low end torque? You should read the entire "Exhaust Shootout" thread over at my350z.com for more info.

2004 | 6MTs | Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Upstate NY

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks, after reading all that stuff I think I'm prolly gonna go w/ Injen, just because it's really well rounded (sound, power, torque) but I really just despise the way it looks. I mean I dont know whether it was for power or looks or sound the way it angles out in the back. Neway, I would also like to kno what others would choose and their opinions. But what I really want to kno which system has the most positive impact on the 0-60 and 1/4 mile, thats basically all that matters to me. But since rite now were on the exhaust topic, what cats and headers seem to be a good purchasing option with a new exhaust system, I wanted Crawford, is there sumn better?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts