Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some new, some not so new.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a new Audi RS4. That message came from the Audi factory recently. The news now is that the RS4 and the S3 are ready for production. Both models will be introduced on the IAA in Frankfurt.

The RS4 will have the same engine as the RS6, but with slightly smaller turbo chargers. The S3 will get the 3,2 liter V6 engine.

The second generation TT, planned for introduction at the end of 2005, will be based on the A4 Cabriolet Quattro.

The A6 Coupe has been confirmed; it will be based on the Nuvolari Quattro.

The Audi TT will be a 2+2 Coupe.

Engines for the new TT:
2.4 Quattro - 2.4 liter V6 FSI (195 bhp)
3.0 Quattro - 3.0 liter V6 FSI (245 bhp)
3.7 Quattro - 3.7 liter V8 FSI (295 bhp)
Quattro S - 4.2 liter V8 FSI (345 bhp)

------------------------------------------------------

A 2+2 TT with a 345 V8! Holy Moly, where has the world come to? Guys, the C5 was equipped with a 340 HP V8 in the first years of its production and now it makes 350HP from that same V8. I mean...come on.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The engine on that Quattro S sounds fantastic but I'm a bit disappointed to hear the TT will become a 2+2. I liked the fact that it was a true Roadster.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
The TT Coupe is already a 2+2... Albeit, a really dinky one. I don't think you could even fit a kid back there comfortably.

Perhaps they mean they will be making a 2+2 TT Roadster?

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I never actually test drove the coupe so I just assumed the inside was identical to the convertible. They really add a seat back there? I can't fathom where...

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
They should have just made it a 2-seater. Couldn't really find any good pictures, but here's some that give you a hint of what it might look like, and how little space there really is:

When I checked them out at the dealership I was amazed they even attempted to put the rear seats in. If they are changing, I would hope they'd at least increase the size of the car a bit to accomodate it.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If they are changing, I would hope they'd at least increase the size of the car a bit to accomodate it.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've heard this is true, and would assume such simply to fit a V8 in there but I'm not happy about it.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Personally, I'd prefer the car be a little bigger. Always liked the TT, but didn't get it this time around for 3 reasons:

1. Too small overall.
2. Not enough under the hood.
3. G35, baby!

Sounds as if they will be addressing my first two complaints though, so it might be a harder decision for me if I had to do it again. If they could find a way to make a hardtop convertible, that would be sweet.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.