Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul reminded me of this in another post. What's up with this news that the Xenons in the G's are easy to steal [:0]

Anyone know how they're addressing this?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm supposed to be picking up my car this week at the dealer, so I'll be sure to ask about this problem. I sure they've got a fix in mind for this!

'03 G35 Coupe (on order)
6MT w/Aero Pkg
Brilliant Silver/Graphite

·
Registered
295 Posts
I heard the same thing, but I thought that was only with the sedans. Then again, they both have identical headlights! I would guess, if its a problem that a fix is on the way

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yes this is correct. This is a problem but as far as I know only in the sedans. Like I said in a previous email I recieved a recall for them already to bring it in and they fix the headlights so they are not easily stealable! I have owned my G since April so I have recieved all the juicy recalls. I will keep you all updated.

There was another recall with the sedans as well that involved the fuel line coming loose I believe...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Juicy recalls huh [:D][:p]

Gotta love owning a 1st year car. At least Infiniti is doing a nice job of addressing the issues and not sweeping them under the carpet.

6-speed

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yup exactly VQ. On both recalls I have recieved a letter in the mail and that week both times went and took care of it right away and was serviced nice and promptly...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good to hear. Hopefully you won't have to take it in too much more, though [:)]

6-speed

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The bulbs can yes...they fit in other cars. Plus I heard those suckers go for a pretty penny...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the xenons are like airbags... not too hard to steal and very expensive. If you buy xenons from an unknown company on Ebay, there's a chance that they're hot (literally!) [:D]

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Chaz,

What was the other recall? I've had no recall notices so far on my coupe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts