Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about how long to wait before updating the Nav DVD?

I ask this because my dealer said that the first update was on them, then after that I had to pay for them. I figured, depending on the cost, waiting a couple of years between updates. Any comments?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Pretty cool of your dealer to do that. Mine never mentioned anything like that. I think 2 years is probably a good rule. Unless you live in an area that has tons of new development that isn't reflected in the current disc.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
4 Posts
I called the software company for the same information and was told a month and a half out for the next map upgrade and around $180.00.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jeannek

I called the software company for the same information and was told a month and a half out for the next map upgrade and around $180.00.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Can you tell us who you called for that info? [bowdown]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Not sure who Jeannek called, but here's a link:

http://www.zenrin.com/pr.asp

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ken. The website says it's V6.1. How can we check to see which version we have? Is it printed on the dvd?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's printed on the DVD. Just pop it out and take a look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
<font color="blue"></font id="blue"><font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS">I got a G35 several months back with the nav system. It has a V6.1 DVD, which is apparently the newest, but I'm not overly impressed with some of the coverage. I am impressed with the car, however.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am glad my car came with the new 6.2 version. I will probably wait a good 2 years or so before updating unless I have a need for a more updated database. Typically most of the places I go to are already in this current version (or so I hope) therefore unless any major construction happens in the area, I will not have to upgrade.

2004 G35 Sedan 6MT, DG/Willow, Premium, Nav

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey guys. I have a IS300 I am selling, within a week I will be picking up the g35 coupe...MY question is I am very impressed with Lexus's navigation system. Any one here had a chance to experiment with both? if so which is better?. The navigation is about the only thing I like on the is300 but I have never really experimented with the nav on the G35. It is hard to do this when test driving...Thanks guys..

·
Registered
54 Posts
goto www.zenrin.com for the latest dvd-rom nav software update. they just released v6.2 (we have v6.1) and it costs $185. it also has a map to show new coverage.

2003.5 G35C 6MT | premium package | Nav | aero | DP+willow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts