Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a PS2 DVD/TV Tuner installed into my G yesterday.
I took pictures but I have no clue on how to upload my pics.
Please email me if you want specs!

Check out www.avelectronics.com
Ask for SAM!

'03 D.Platinum/Nav/Delphi Unit(sat radio)/35% tint/mudflaps - GO GIANTS!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
GYA L8R

Congrats on the PS2 installation. Here's a thread on how to post pictures.

Hope to see your pics soon!

-Ken

P.S. By the way, the URL you posted goes to a Network Solutions "coming soon" page. Is that the right URL?

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
197 Posts
[:D]good job man....that exactly what i want in my car, but i havent really looked into it...could u explain what they did, i mean did they cut wires, put some sort of chip(not likely)where its all located AND the price so i know i wont get ripped off. THANX and try to post ur pics

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
nice, post pics soon so I can be jealous and go buy myself one.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want pics please email me!
I swear when I'm stopped at an intersection and they hear sounds from "THE MINORITY REPORT" or the "LOCAL NEWS" from broadcast television...it's a feeling like no other. I've only had this for only 48hours but man people are like "holy $hiT he's watching a movie in there". With a push of a button, I can switch over to my GPS screen. ONE WORD = AWESOME, TIGHT, KICKASS, BITCHIN...I will be more than happy to show you guys what's up at the next meet.
For details on how to purchase the converter...visit

www.avelectronics.com - SAM has installation instruction for your local installer. Have a good fourth and kick ass when necessary!

A guy may have "blingbling" to buy a Porshce/Ferrari...but when you got a G with a mobile entertainment system...it's unlike anything else! [werd]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
actually it is www.avelectronic.com

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
197 Posts
we NEED some pics GYA!!!!![:D][thmsup]please[bowdown]

·
Registered
97 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GYA L8R

Ask for SAM!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

niiiice... that is hella pimp. I'm guessing that you already had the nav system installed... I didn't get the nav system, so I"ll need to get a separate monitor installed... someone's already done it on another forum... i should just jack his assembly idea...

Good job though man!! [cheers]

[image]http://www.learnlink.emory.edu/~skim7/pictures/sig01.jpg[/image]
2003 DG G35C 6MT

·
Registered
197 Posts
PLEASE[bowdown][bowdown][bowdown] tell me how much it cost to get that done, i really want to get it done and now i have the money, so i need to do it before i spend it all....[banghead]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
the kit costs $515 shipped. if you have ever done any car audio, you should be able to install it yourself in 2-5 hours depending on your abilities

·
Registered
32 Posts
does anyone have any pics of the isntallation?

Klawria D' Notrub
2004 Ivory Pearl or Graphite | Need a good Dealer!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I dont have any pics, but I do know that it only requires removing the glovebox area and center console around the shift knob and stereo so you can access the wires to the NAV screen. then depending on where you want to install the actual tuner unit, you might have to put up some plastic side molding and run wires under carpet (if you are going to the trunk).

it is a fairly simple install. website and designer of the product both said "only requires one wire to be cut" that wire being the PINK "sync" (synchronization) wire on the DVD unit.

I actually tried to hook up a DVD player to mind a while back just by using the RGB+sync wires from the NAV into a RGB input on my DVD player. I just realized that I needed to build diodes and put it all back together and never went back to it. However the designer of this product swears that I would never have accomplished my goal this way. But we will see. I might get bored again one day. and besides, I would love to prove him wrong and do the mod for $40 dollars in radio shack parts.

·
Registered
197 Posts
excuse my ignorance...but is there somway to mod the stock dvd-rom player to play dvds....come sort of schip oir something, that way u only take it our, mod the player and then ur done....

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Vic, I thought about this. I do not know of any way of doing it. I am sure that it CAN be done. Maybe some of the programmers on this board will be able to give you insight on it. Also, you would need some kind of switch, and or program that can link the stock NAV buttons to DVD functions, or a separate remote.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, my nav system is from the factory!
All in all I paid $495 for the converter.
Labor was $300.00 (5 hours @ $60.00)
PS2 = $195.00 + Tax
Power Converter = $80.00 or so
Bazooka Tube = $400.00

Little over $1,000.00 + whew damn spent too much..
Oh forgot...XM DELPHI SAT UNIT TOO! That was another $300.00 or so
Ok I think that's about all I've done..so far! [:D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AznShodan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GYA L8R

Ask for SAM!

niiiice... that is hella pimp. I'm guessing that you already had the nav system installed... I didn't get the nav system, so I"ll need to get a separate monitor installed... someone's already done it on another forum... i should just jack his assembly idea...

Good job though man!! [cheers]

[image]http://www.learnlink.emory.edu/~skim7/pictures/sig01.jpg[/image]
2003 DG G35C 6MT

·
Registered
5 Posts
where did you get this done at? so i can convert the navigation i got with the car?

G35 Coupe/6-MT/Diamond Graphite/Prem/Navigation

·
Registered
1 Posts
<font face="Trebuchet MS"></font id="Trebuchet MS"><font size="2"></font id="size2">Rlipps, did you or Vic ever hear any more about a hack that will utilize the navigation's DVD-ROM and the stock buttons? That is the holy grail of this exercise!

Let me know...

Fiat Lux

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Everybody,
I am new to this so please bare with me. Can anybody please tell how/where or what do i need to do to install TV tuner or DVD player on my G35 while still using the factory LCD monitor and GPS. Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts