Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this has been discussed anout a million times. by the way i did do a search but it told me nothing that i already didnt know. i need u guys to help me out and tell me how i can get my screen to play dvd and use the navi, for example: maybe there is a swith so u can change from the navi screen to the ps2(dvd movies) screen. i ve seen many people do it at other sites but i wanted to ask u guys intead. is the avelectornics the only way to go? i ve heard of atleats 5 different ways to get this done, which way is the best and cheapest way? PLEASE HELP ME, i want to get this done soon!

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please help me out!!!

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I think that nobody is really responding because there is nothing to be said about the subject that has already been said before. At least not for the moment anyway...

I think that your best bet for a "clean" install would be the AVelectronic mod. Yes, there are other ways, but none have proven to be as simple and effective.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check this out:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cu...KISBhcKTxi86&.dir=/G35+NAV+TV+DVD+Mod&.src=ph

Someone who installed the avelectronics mod. Looks like It is more then just one wire. You have to cut one wire (pink) and "interface" I guess you could say with a 4-wire plug going to the nav screen.

Looking closely at the pictures, the plug has a reg, green, blue, and black wire in it. I am guessing is that is the RGBS video line going into the screen.

So it looks like the AVelectronic mod actually has some kind of a built in switch that changes between the nav video and the AV input box (picture 9) that come with the kit. The $500 price is looking more and more resonable but thats JMHO. I would probably upgrade the AV input Box later, just a bit of a waste....

Ernie

2004 Red/Graphite 6MT G35 Coupe (S ord..err..U order now)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by aesalazar

Check this out:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cu...KISBhcKTxi86&.dir=/G35+NAV+TV+DVD+Mod&.src=ph

Someone who installed the avelectronics mod. Looks like It is more then just one wire. You have to cut one wire (pink) and "interface" I guess you could say with a 4-wire plug going to the nav screen.

Looking closely at the pictures, the plug has a reg, green, blue, and black wire in it. I am guessing is that is the RGBS video line going into the screen.

So it looks like the AVelectronic mod actually has some kind of a built in switch that changes between the nav video and the AV input box (picture 9) that come with the kit. The $500 price is looking more and more resonable but thats JMHO. I would probably upgrade the AV input Box later, just a bit of a waste....

Ernie

2004 Red/Graphite 6MT G35 Coupe (S ord..err..U order now)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

thanx for the help bro

·
Registered
1 Posts
-New Guy Here-

Does anyone know of an aftermarket 7" LCD screen (manufacturer) that will fit in the NAV location? I opted to get my G without nav since I knew the only reason I would use it is for movies and what not, I figured I could buy a higher quality screen since I the resolution on the stock screen is not that great.

04 carribean blue 6mt aero

And why does infinity make it so you have to get the stupid moonroof if you opt for the premium package????

·
Registered
5 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

What is there not to like about the moonroof?

Wind noise, leaks and more things to break for starters. I opted not to get the Premium package to avoid all of the above.

K Boogie

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dude, I just called them and they said that the unit itself was $800.00 while if I recall correctly the Avelectronics one is around $500.00.

I keep HOPING that somebody will figure out how to do this mod cheaper. The nav is cool and all but......I WANT MY DVD!!!

[bigmouth]

·
Registered
172 Posts
i thought the AV electronic mod only let you watch TV channels...it does not mean that our stock DVD Rom is able to play a DVD/VCD...correct me if im wrong on this one...because i've called them up...and they say" NO"[bigeyes]

·
Registered
366 Posts
From the posts I've seen here concerning this issue, out DVD ROM for NAV is unable to be modded to play regular DVD's. That TOTALLY sucks, and I would think there's a way to mod it, but have never heard of anyone doing it yet.

[irk]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
No matter what course you take with the DVD modding, you will need some sort of external device to play the DVD's. I am sorry if I have not made this clear in past posts.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Your joking right??? This isn't 1982. Sunroofs don't really leak anymore and I have never had one that broke or had wind noise.

Did your 1982 Toyota Celica have a problem with its sunroof? Its ok now, there is this thing called technology and it has done some incredible things with these moonroofs. If they were that much of a problem then these high end car companies would not put them on their cars. Come on guy, get with the program. jk

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by KBoogie

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

What is there not to like about the moonroof?

Wind noise, leaks and more things to break for starters. I opted not to get the Premium package to avoid all of the above.

K Boogie

March of 2004, My Diamond Graphite 6MT will be here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts