Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine doesn't work, I was told by another person on another forum that it doesn't work on 6MT sedans. Does anyone here have one that works or should I just give up.

2003.5 Bril. Silver/Willow 6MT Sedan Premium/Winter/Nav

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Mine works fine as well.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Fine auto sliding going on over here... hey Lead, what happened to the lead/kloh saga??? It's getting offly dead in here... [:(]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Here I am. I know, it's been slow.... but I can't carry this place you know! [:D]

By the way, my autoslide works too.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Here I am. I know, it's been slow.... but I can't carry this place you know! [:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well kloh, you got 9 to go... get to it!!!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Well kloh, you got 9 to go... get to it!!!

I'm on it bro... but lead_foot is one persistent mofo. [:D]

-Ken

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I'm on it bro... but lead_foot is one persistent mofo. [:D]

You got that right bro!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
72 Posts
Autoslide isn't available on the 6MT, I read that somewhere but forget exactly. I was also confused after reading the manual. Not that I miss it, as I have no need for my seat to move everytime I get out of the car. Saves wear and tear on the seat mechanism.

There's a big button near the memory presets that cancels something, does that disable the autoslide feature on the ATs? The post-sales guy said it was only to be used by the dealers to clear something or other. I snided "that's a real useful button" and he just laughed but didn't explain further.

Darin
-----
6MT Sedan-Brilliant Silver-Premium-Aero-Winter

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by daring

There's a big button near the memory presets that cancels something, does that disable the autoslide feature on the ATs? The post-sales guy said it was only to be used by the dealers to clear something or other. I snided "that's a real useful button" and he just laughed but didn't explain further.
The button you speak of turns the autoslide feature on and off in my 5AT.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by daring

There's a big button near the memory presets that cancels something, does that disable the autoslide feature on the ATs?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It pisses me off that they took off the memory feature on the coupes altogether. Most likely I'll be the only driver in my coupe, but c'mon... if the sedan can have it, why can't the coupe? There may be times when my wife drives or I let someone else (gasp!) drive, or when I take it in for service. Would be nice to be able to just hit that memory button and return everything to "where it should be."

-Ken

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It pisses me off that they took off the memory feature on the coupes altogether...

I have also realized that the coupe driver position only has 3 primary seat controls, where as the sedan has 4. Instead of an electrical slide function, the coupe uses a conventional "lever-activated" mechanical slide, primarily because of all the passenger movement, and an electrical slide system would mean a slower mechanism. In the sedan this is not an issue since the slide time does not depend on the time the rear passenger has to wait on the seat to enter the rear of the cabin. My $0.2...

XL

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
What do you mean, X?

My coupe's seat slides back electrically after I let a person into the back.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
to clarify for those who don't have coupes, there is, in fact a mechanical lever used to "activate" the seat slide. However, only the seatback is mechanical (for quicker access). Once the seatback is tilted up, the seat itself slides forward electronically. The same thing happens for getting it back into position as well.

-Ken

·
Registered
96 Posts
I too, found it odd that my 6mt sedan had a functionless auto-memory cancel button. I played with those switches for 3 days before I concluded that manual sedans did not have an auto-slide feature.

Additionally, I don't care for the way that the memory buttons function. In my car, the e-brake must be pulled, and the driver's door must be open for the seat to be adjusted. My wife also drives the car, and my toddler loves the easy-to-reach seat controls. All to often I find myself on my way before I realize that my seat is out of wack. I have to pull over, e-brake, and open my door to return my stored seating position! Boo!

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

What do you mean, X?

Sorry about the confusion Semi, it's the <u>seatback</u> that is mechanical, instead of electric. The slide feature remains electric. Thanks for the clarification kloh, I was a little lost there myself. But yeah, it only makes sense that the seat back would be mechanical, since a motorized version would take way too long to get the seat forward for rear-passenger entry.

XL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Man

I too, found it odd that my 6mt sedan had a functionless auto-memory cancel button. I played with those switches for 3 days before I concluded that manual sedans did not have an auto-slide feature.

Additionally, I don't care for the way that the memory buttons function. In my car, the e-brake must be pulled, and the driver's door must be open for the seat to be adjusted. My wife also drives the car, and my toddler loves the easy-to-reach seat controls. All to often I find myself on my way before I realize that my seat is out of wack. I have to pull over, e-brake, and open my door to return my stored seating position! Boo!

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite

Thanks everyone for your input. I feel a lot better now that I'm not the only one who realized they were shorted on their 6MT. Sometimes you wear a reall puffy jacket or something and need a little room to get out that's all...

2003.5 Bril. Silver/Willow 6MT Sedan Premium/Winter/Nav

·
Registered
41 Posts
I always thought that this feature was nonexistent on my 6MT sedan. At last I have confirmation! I don't understand why they have disable this on the 6mt...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Who knows, Monger? But for the value the car DOES deliver, I guess I can overlook the absence of this "almost useless" luxury feature. Easy to live without...[pimp]

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite

·
Registered
41 Posts
G-Man- sure it is easy to live without, but what bothers me is that I was led to believe my car had this feature. I was never told that it was not included on a 6MT, nor do I understand why. I think Infiniti owes us an explanation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts