Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I love my new G35 coupe. Having said that, after 1600 miles there are two problems:
Left seat-warmer switch heats right seat & vice-versa.
Driver seat squeaks.

I'll get them fixed soon; I'm too busy enjoying the car.

Having said that, I have few general complaints about the car (lack of headroom, inability to rotate tires are 2), but I'm interested in what people think of the drive-by-wire.

I have an M6 (Canadian) model, and I find the responsiveness of this technology lacking. Now, I've avoided "cripple-shifts" (automatics) all my life, so I think that I'm proficient enough driving a standard.

But, if you rev the engine on the G35, there is a noticeable lag in the response time (I guess it's the fault of the throttle actuator).

This is annoying when down-shifting (the engine just starts to rev when I've already engaged in a lower gear), and downright challenging when starting on a hill (guess I'll have to resort to using the parking brake when starting).

Now, I think the technology is a great idea, and has obvious benefits. The Japanese have (characteristically) failed to understand the potential. For instance, if *I* had the code, I know I could modify it to:
-prevent stalling
-automatically match engine RPM when down- or up-shifting
-etc.

Maybe in coming years, possibilities like these will be explored.

But for now, I'm ecstatically happy about the car - but thriottle response is a major gripe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops: I got a message that:

There Was A Problem With Your Details

You must choose a UserName
You must choose a Password
You Must give an e-mail address
You Must enter a valid e-mail address
E-mail Address already in use, Please Choose Another

I guess I should have ignored it. Sorry!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts