Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an nice laser red 5AT G35 Coupe... Before I consider adding a supercharger I was wondering if the stock tranny can handle the extra juice, and if there are any other upgrades i would need to make to the suspension or any other elements that i dont know to think of.

I'm 3,000 miles into my coupe and I still oogle at it whenever I look at her... what a beauty. Really my only two.. make that three complaints are:

1. Bose system is pretty weak (there are moments at lower levels when I think it sounds good, but I cannot deny that the sound system leaves MUCH to be desired) <cry>

2. The Nav System mouse... aaarrrgggg... and since your co-pilot can't even type in an address while the car is moving.. i usually just go upstairs and use the computer real quick to pull up my directions. The screen sure is pretty though. I really like the angled look as opposed to the top-down view of most nav systems. It's nice to see the freeways off in the distance.

3. If you can believe it... MORE POWER... Yes, the car is faster than alot of cars out there, and it does handle verrrry very well, and I have toasted a brand new porche boxster, a few new or newer mustangs and some others... notably, I thought it funny that a new Lamborghini would take notice of my G35 and start a freeway race... ( a VERY short freeway race, hehe) He chirped the tires at about 80 and steadily pulled away from me.. he was probably only in 2nd gear too. Anyways, back on topic. I feel that my G35, is deserving of much more power.... such a pretty car needs to be the dominate force that its sleek styling hints at.

*When i say new.. i mean they dont have a license plate mounted yet.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Jeremy,

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question... just wanted to say welcome to the board! I'm at almost 5000 miles now and I still can't get enough of my car either. I also agree with your points 1 and 2. [cheers]

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you add the supercharger I believe that Stillens product will require you to change your hood to accomidate it[xx(][xx(], also after putting in a forced induction system you would want to make sure your internals can handle the extra pressure created in there and most likely a stock car wont. Then your clutch will need to become stronger in order to deal with the extra power it will take on, in my opinion you can easliy put down close to 10 GRAND with all the parts including labor. NOT WORTH IT. This car has 280hp at the crank and that is not bad at all. That is a very well tuned engine, the next ones up from it are the M3 which is a great engine and the porsche. So just enjoy what you have unless you have 10K to drop into your car. Peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts