Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a 2007 6mt this week with the bose system. I am replaceing the factory head unit with my current pioneer head unit and I have already purchased some focal access 165 A1 6.5 component speakers for the front and focal access 690 CA1 6 x 9 speakers for the rear deck. I plan on unplugging the 5 x 7's that are next to the rear seat and just running the components up front and the 6 x 9's in the rear. Do i need to replace the bose amp in the trunk since all i have read is that its a pile of crap? I was thinking about getting a alpine 4 channel to hopefully clean up the sound on all 6 speakers since i read that the rear deck speakers are set to produce bass only through the bose amp. anyway thanks for all of your help with this.

two more things... do i need spacers for the focal 165 A1 components or will they just slide right in? Any problem with the factory nav unit and an aftermarket head unit?

-Matt

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Go here for a lot of information. Audio, Video & Electronics - G35Driver

You can sendthe low level signal from your new HU to the Bose amp through the RCA outputs. You just need to get the correct wire harness adapter. BUT yout speakers need to have a 2 ohm impedance to work with the Bose system or the volume will be low.

The Bose amp is the weak link of the system. You will do better to replace it with an aftermarket amp.

You are correct that the 6x9s in the Bose system are for low bass only. However, the rear side speakers are 6.5's, not 5x7s.

You should use a spacer for the front door speakers. It's not for depth clearance, but to space the speaker out to the back side of the plastic door panel, which will result in for better sound.

You will lose the navi voice with an aftermarket HU. In some instances, you can tap into the navigation voice signal and send it to your new system. Search on Driver for that info because I don't know what's involved. I have just read that it is possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I tapped into my factory amp for my subwoofer inputs ... if I were to replace my doors and rear side speakers without changing my amo would it really make a difference ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts