Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn between buying a 2003 G-35 Sedan this weekend and get a good price and 2.9% finance, or wait for the 2004s. I expect I will pay at least $1000 more if I wait. Any advice?

km scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think you have to factor in a few things first:

Do they have the colors/options you want in the 2003?
I wouldn't sacrifice major options or color choices for a K-buck.

Do a search and find the link that lists all of the 2004 changes and factor those in.

My bank in Dallas is offering <3.99% for new cars. You may be able to find something similar in S.CA.

Finally, I'd say if you have to ask the question, you already know the answer. You want the 2004, but being an engineer (checked your sig), you're trying to make the "logical" decision. Give it up, and get what you want!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, get 2004 is better.
They have increased $420 on 2004 sedan model, but they also have included heated seats, better suspension, upgrade the CD-changer, and few other more for that price.[:D]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right. I am an Engineer and like most Engineers I have figured out what I want already, but it's nice to see that other people agree with you.

I am going for the 2004 but not because I want heated seats. There's not much call for heat in Southern Cal. I'm not keen on options as I never use a moon roof nor do I care much for fancy stereos as I usually listen to the news. I just want leather and sports suspension.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bellagioman. I can't wait to dump my Toyota. Ho-Hum! Unfortunately, my wife loves it so it's been an uphill battle to get her to agree to the change. A Porsche was completely out of the picture (she said), but I've got her to OK to the G35. Quick - before she changes her mind.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Bellagioman

SD, good choice. Don't take the engineer thing the wrong way. Takes one to know one.

Have a blast in your new G !!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was actually wondering if they'd ever make cooled seats because of this heat in Cali![bigeyes]

*EDIT* Thinking bout it now..you guys in Texas must have it bad..compared to here!

aim: johnnzen
email: [email protected]
'o4 sedan

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by johnnzen

I was actually wondering if they'd ever make cooled seats because of this heat in Cali![bigeyes]

I would buy them in a heartbeat...

HEATED seats? What are those??? [:D]

'03.5 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Graphite Leather | Sport

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was the first person in my area to purchase a 2004 Sedan. The only reason I purchased it immediatley was because I saw the color (Graphite). They are now making the '04 sedans with this color. It is stunning. I got a 3.9% rate as opposed to a 2.9%, which is what they were offering to unload an '03 model. My payment went up by a whole $8.00/month. I've only owned it 5 days and already know 3 people who will be buying this same car. Take a look at the new colors (Blue and Graphite). My choice was between a BMW 530i and the G35 sedan. The decision was not difficult once I got into the car and drove it. Good Luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey SD, you've got it easy. As soon as I get the quote (another story altogether), I'm ordering a 6MT Sedan. My wife has never driven a standard transmission. She's very coordinated and an aggressive driver, but she's worried. Told her once she learns the 6MT, I'd probably have to ask her to borrow the car. Just keep selling it. [:D]

Man, you are getting me psyched about getting mine on order. Even then, I may have to wait until November[jaw][jaw]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font color="blue">GGGNARLY</font id="blue">, I haven't seen "Graphite" but I'm interested. Part of the deal with my wife allowing me to buy the car is that she picks the color. She likes the Desert Platinum color, which is quite nice, but even If it was awful I would still buy the car. Where are you? The 2004's aren't here in Southern Cal yet.

<font color="blue">Bellagioman</font id="blue">, I bought a Porsche 944 some years ago, and like your wife, mine couldn't use a stick either. I suspected she would learn real fast after we got it. The first time she stalled it in traffic was the last time she drove it. Pray that your wife stalls it too. Tell her she must pull her foot off the clutch really fast.

·
Registered
119 Posts
SD, get the MT. For some reason my wife just won't touch it either... after that first big stall in traffic. The mini-van's a fine ride too.

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.

·
Registered
3 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by sdscouse

<font color="blue">GGGNARLY</font id="blue">, I haven't seen "Graphite" but I'm interested. Part of the deal with my wife allowing me to buy the car is that she picks the color. She likes the Desert Platinum color, which is quite nice, but even If it was awful I would still buy the car. Where are you? The 2004's aren't here in Southern Cal yet.

<font color="blue">Bellagioman</font id="blue">, I bought a Porsche 944 some years ago, and like your wife, mine couldn't use a stick either. I suspected she would learn real fast after we got it. The first time she stalled it in traffic was the last time she drove it. Pray that your wife stalls it too. Tell her she must pull her foot off the clutch really fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SD - I bought my 2004 Graphite G35 Sedan in Van Nuys at Miller Infiniti. Originally, I went in to buy a new blue one. Parked next to it was the graphite. I could not take my eyes off of it. I immediately called my wife and said I was buying the car. No hesitation what so ever. My wife was there in 30 minutes and she hates gray. When she saw this one, it was all over. After they preped it, I had to kick 3 groups of people away from it before I finalized the deal. One other couple wanted the car on the spot and I had to tell my salesman to tell those people to scram. Call Bill Cahn at Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys. He's a good guy.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by sdscouse

1 - 15 of 15 Posts