Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what these do but can someone explain in more detail? What do they look like?

Joe
G35 6 Speed
GS 455 4 Speed
GN SFI Turbo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
GSGN, I personally haven't taken the time to look being my rear differential to see what these things look like, but I can tell you that they are designed with the purpose of assisting with lift aerodynamics in the rear (the front already brings them on all models). All cars typically develop lift (The tendency to accumulate excessive air under the chassis creating a dangerous cushion that grows in volume as higher speeds are reached.) after a certain speed causing a state of instability. The diffusers are there to neutralize this 'lift' in order to maintain stability at high speeds. Having them in the front and the back is the ideal setup, since the G is rear-wheel drive and you definitely want the rear tires as glued to the ground as possible! Aero Package G35's are definitely better equipped for top-ending than standard ones. If you have the sport package (Sport-tuned suspension, Goodyear high-speed rated tires on 5-spoke sport 17' wheels, and aero package) with an aero kit, you practically have the perfect set-up for the untamed highways, as the extra body area adds to overall aerodynamics. Most people get the sport package which includes the fore-mentioned items plus the aero package, rather than just adding the aero package alone to less-equipped G35.

XL


2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks XL. FYI all the 6MT include sport suspension, 17 inch wheels and the Goodyears as part of the 6 speed package.

Joe
G35 6 Speed
GS 455 4 Speed
GN SFI Turbo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
Hey GSGN, I'm lovin my sedan more and more every day man. Yesterday me and 4 other friends went to a get-together, and it felt so good not having to get out of my car to let them in! Anyway, yeah the sport package comes standard on the 6MT sedan. I pretty much got a fully hooked up 5AT, as I got the sport, aero, and premium packages all together, and an aero kit to top it off. I didn't opt for the navi for budget inconvenience. Do you have a sedan or a coupe? Where are the pics??? You can see my pics in this forum, but they should also be in the gallery very soon if Chaz got my e-mail god-willing.

Hey Chaz, did my e-mail go through okay?

Peace guys,

Xzel

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GSGNG35

Thanks XL. FYI all the 6MT include sport suspension, 17 inch wheels and the Goodyears as part of the 6 speed package.

Joe
G35 6 Speed
GS 455 4 Speed
GN SFI Turbo
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">


The 6MT on the sedan includes titanium center console, sport suspension, sport wheels 17" (5 spoke sport rims) and low profile W-rated performance tires 17". If you order the Winter-Sport pkg then you get the V-rated low profile all season tires 17".

18" are only standard on the coupe 6MT.

I have seen 18" wheels on the sedan and they look [thmsup] but they ride rough and if you hit a pot hole they are easy to blowout, also more expensive. Don't get 18" if can help it, the 17" wheels are fine [:)]

G20t owner, Internet Manager North Shore Infiniti, Great Neck, LI, NY. Love Infiniti's & straight talk!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

GSGN The diffusers are there to neutralize this 'lift' in order to maintain stability at high speeds. Having them in the front and the back is the ideal setup, since the G is rear-wheel drive and you definitely want the rear tires as glued to the ground as possible! Aero Package G35's are definitely better equipped for top-ending than standard ones. If you have the sport package (Sport-tuned suspension, Goodyear high-speed rated tires on 5-spoke sport 17' wheels, and aero package) with an aero kit, you practically have the perfect set-up for the untamed highways, as the extra body area adds to overall aerodynamics. Most people get the sport package which includes the fore-mentioned items plus the aero package, rather than just adding the aero package alone to less-equipped G35.
XL
2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I understand that the aero package($550) with diffusers maintains stability and neutralize lift. So is the aerodynamic body kit($2910) mainly for an aggresive aerodynamic look or does it actually do anything ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Tasteful aesthetics only.

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by in_2_mindsI understand that the aero package($550) with diffusers maintains stability and neutralize lift. So is the aerodynamic body kit($2910) mainly for an aggresive aerodynamic look or does it actually do anything?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I2M, the aero package and rear spoiler are primarily responsible for the aerodynamic changes, but I have reason to believe that the AK does help out during high speeds somehow. The air dams and rear chin lift must have contribution ratio to zero lift, although I could be wrong...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I was quoted $200 for a dealer install of the difussors, with the purchase of the car. Not sure if the charge would have been different if difussors were purchased after the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donfleck1

I was quoted $200 for a dealer install of the difussors, with the purchase of the car. Not sure if the charge would have been different if difussors were purchased after the car.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Interesting thing to find out...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donfleck1

I was quoted $200 for a dealer install of the difussors, with the purchase of the car. Not sure if the charge would have been different if difussors were purchased after the car.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
So are you getting just the diffusers with no other aero parts?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I am getting all of the aero parts. Ordering this way allows me NOT order the premium package. The premium package throught he factory is a mandatory option when the aero kit (the wing/diffuser set) is ordered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donfleck1

I am getting all of the aero parts. Ordering this way allows me NOT order the premium package. The premium package throught he factory is a mandatory option when the aero kit (the wing/diffuser set) is ordered.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I would like to correct you here. The premium package has no correlation with anything regarding aero parts. It's the sports package that includes the rear spoiler and diffusers as a mandatory option. Just my 2 pennies...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
There is no correlation other than if you order the Aero Package (wing/diffusors), you must order the premium package. If you want diffusors factory installed, you must get the premium package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donfleck1

There is no correlation other than if you order the Aero Package (wing/diffusors), you must order the premium package. If you want diffusors factory installed, you must get the premium package.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Now I get you don, thanks for explaining what you meant. [cheers]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,738 Posts
Yeah, I get it too. Thanks.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
So I guess you can say me and lead's sedan are fully aeroed out?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top