Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was pulling away from the curb and there was this big cement chunk in the street that I forgot about -- doh! I dented in the black portion of the front bumper, and though people say I am crazy for worrying about it, it is driving me nuts. Does anybody have a clue what replacement costs for this? This is my first post, so please forgive if this ends up where it doesn't really belong. My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by L Thomas

The other day I was pulling away from the curb and there was this big cement chunk in the street that I forgot about -- doh! I dented in the black portion of the front bumper, and though people say I am crazy for worrying about it, it is driving me nuts. Does anybody have a clue what replacement costs for this? This is my first post, so please forgive if this ends up where it doesn't really belong. My email is [email protected]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If it's something that's only noticeable to you, chances are that the average public will not see it. However, if it's something that is tickling the back of your mind, you can try and get a price of that valance section from the OEM, and decide if the repair or replacement is really worth it or not. At the end it's all up to you...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by L Thomas

Thanks!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There's reasons to feel better my friend...

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthr...0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post67416109

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can take it to any body shop for repair. They will want to remove the bumper to paint it, and for a good job expect to pay around $400.00.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kudos to Anthony's Body Shop in Santa Monica ... they heated up the dent, formed it back the way it belonged, painted it up, and charged me $50. Looks like new, and I learned this is a common problem with these G35s ... the guy pointed me to several they were replacing. it's good to know, though, that some clever guy with a heat gun can fix you right up ...

LT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts