Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to "decode" the VIN. Is it possible to tell anything about the car (production date, options...) By looking at the vin? If so how does the G35 sedan Vin read.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Very cool VQ. I hadn't seen that before. Good info.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Lead I am like week away from finally getting my G35 the same as your except no Bodykit and No NAV. Before I fully go through with it, has keeping that willow interior clean been a pain in the ass or does it hold up well?<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Very cool VQ. I hadn't seen that before. Good info.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mcanlas

Hey Lead I am like week away from finally getting my G35 the same as your except no Bodykit and No NAV. Before I fully go through with it, has keeping that willow interior clean been a pain in the ass or does it hold up well?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've actually been quite surprised. It's been very clean. The carpets need frequent vacuuming, but other than that, it's been good. I would recommend the interior protection though, just in case.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What interior protection?<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mcanlas

Hey Lead I am like week away from finally getting my G35 the same as your except no Bodykit and No NAV. Before I fully go through with it, has keeping that willow interior clean been a pain in the ass or does it hold up well?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've actually been quite surprised. It's been very clean. The carpets need frequent vacuuming, but other than that, it's been good. I would recommend the interior protection though, just in case.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It's one of those so called invisible add-ons that people tell you NOT to get, but I watched them do it so I know it's there. Basically a Scotch Guard process on the carpets and a leather protectant on the seats. You can negotiate the price or try to get it for free too.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts

has keeping that willow interior clean been a pain in the ass or does it hold up well?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
mcanlas, I've noticed that you do need to be a little careful with the willow interior -- but it really doesn't need a lot of heavy maintenance. I have more of a problem with the vinyl than the leather actually. Particularly on the lower part of the driver door. In the coupe, you need to be a little more careful getting in the car to avoid sliding your foot against the door and scuffing it up. It may not be the case with the sedan however, since the seat isn't as low.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.