hey, what do you all think of my re-badged G? [;)]

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
20 Posts
roflmao... dude thats awesome... you actually do that or is it photoshopped? also, how are the letters applied? Im looking at the skyline and 350gt badges and need to know how to remove/apply badging. thanks

Laser Red, Graphite, 6MT, due June

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wren57 - Not sure if it'll work on your car, but before I got my G35 I had a maxima, and was able to get the letters off pretty cleanly. First I poured lots of rubbing alcohol on the letters to losen the adhesive and then used some fishing line on the letters (kinda the way you'd use dental floss). This took the lettering off w/o any scratching......

Anyway - hope this helps!!!

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jarrett, thanks for the info. I have big plans for my G. Can't wait til it gets here in June, I'm so anxious I've already started ordering parts[:D]

Laser Red, Graphite, 6MT, due June

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I must say I'm disappointed in the lack of response to this... [irk] considering it's a joke!! C'mon, where's all the "I hope you didn't really..." or "you should be shot for doing that" comments? I know there are a lot of opinionated folks out there... Semi? You must have an opinion on this.

wren - at least you laughed! It is photoshop (obviously now), although I am thinking about removing the G35 badge like so:

jarrett - how long did it take you to remove the badge on your maxima? was it a pain to get the adhesive off?

chimp - please say you don't really like that first pic [bigeyes]

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Bwahahahahah that is funny even though it's photoshopped. BUT I will say if someone DID do this then they ought to be SHOT! [:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kloh...I just had the "G35" pulled yesterday (I also have CB). Your PS Image is pretty accurate of what it will look like. I like the more symetrical appearance of the rear now.

peace

·
Registered
85 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">First I poured lots of rubbing alcohol on the letters to losen the adhesive and then used some fishing line on the letters (kinda the way you'd use dental floss). This took the lettering off w/o any scratching......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

are you serious?? you actually poured rubbing alcohol on your G35???[jaw]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint, cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">"you should be shot for doing that" comments? I know there are a lot of opinionated folks out there... Semi? You must have an opinion on this.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I work on one of the largest and most respected computer enthusiast websites in the world. I saw the PS work a mile away. However, I held my tongue so you could have a little fun with the members.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> However, I held my tongue so you could have a little fun with the members.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I was hoping to have a lot more fun. Can't believe no one bit! I originally had "NIFTY G" (which would have been even more hideous), but the lighting on the "G" was so different that I thought it gave away the photoshop too much... of course, the inconsistent shadows on the letters don't exactly say "real" either ;)

Oh well... maybe next time...

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Kloh...I just had the "G35" pulled yesterday<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gumbee -- how did you do it? hair dryer and floss? Any problems?

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the guys that were detailing my car do it. It looked like they used a hairdryer and then flossed to pull it off. Unfrotunately, they did pull up a small spot of paint (don't worry, they are taking care of it).

Not sure if it may be the DB paint, or maybe even the paint on all Infiniti's. But, My car is chipping B_A_D on the hood. 3 months old, and about 4 chips from rocks, etc. DAMN!

peace

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Not sure if it may be the DB paint, or maybe even the paint on all Infiniti's. But, My car is chipping B_A_D on the hood. 3 months old, and about 4 chips from rocks, etc. DAMN!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Same thing here with Diamond Graphite and I've seen complaints across the web about it too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts