Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it. I've been nervous about damaging the paint so I've held off, but after seeing a really sweet Ivory Pearl on the street the other day, I just had to do it. It wasn't hard at all and took only about 20 minutes to do the whole thing.

I also debated for a long time (with myself) before pulling off the INFINITI, but I ultimately decided it made a more dramatic statement without it.

I plan on taking better pictures after I get my windows tinted, but for the time being, here's a few quick snapshots.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't understand why ppl think it is necessary to debadge. It looks ok but why try to be mysterious?

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I like clean body on certain cars; shaved door handles, frenched antennas, and de-chromed. A '49 Merc lead sled for one looks great that way. When it comes to modern cars I prefer leaving it alone, the way the factory sent it out. The only thing I will take off is the dealer sticker, unless they pay me for promoting them.

Your car looks nice without the letters across the back, it also looked nice with them.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35Woman

I don't understand why ppl think it is necessary to debadge. It looks ok but why try to be mysterious?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not trying to be mysterious... I think everyone knows the Infiniti logo by now. I just prefer the cleaner look.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

The only thing I will take off is the dealer sticker, unless they pay me for promoting them.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I hate it when they do that too. I'm probably going to get a new plate frame as well. The stock one from my dealer is a bit busy for my liking... particularly now that the back is nice and simple.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

Your car looks nice without the letters across the back, it also looked nice with them.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Totally agree. It was a tough decision to make since I do like the letters. I just like the simplicity of it without a little more. I actually think the letters look better on the car colors where there is more contrast, but on my DG, the colors were fairly close that it seemed to work better without. I would have left them on a BO, LR or CB, but taken them off DG, BS, DP and maybe IP (although that was the color I saw that sent me scrambling for the hair dryer and dental floss) [:D]

-Ken

·
Registered
550 Posts
My opinion is [thmsdn]

I think it looks nicer with the lettering. Everybody has different tastes so [cheers]and enjoy

Finally !! | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
7 Posts
Along the same lines....how do you guys feel about replacing the "I N F I N I T I" wording with the SKYLINE equiv as seen on ebay?

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Brilliant Silver/Graphite Lthr | ETA: 7/15

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like the skyline lettering but not the 350gt.

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p7860406275e31a5434843c0b942a0016/fc3a14e1.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hey kloh,

I think it looks nice. I wouldn't change mine since I want to keep it stock, but I think it looks cool.

[thumbup]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

I think it looks nice. I wouldn't change mine since I want to keep it stock, but I think it looks cool.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

thanks, lead... but you're not just saying that to keep me from comin' at ya with another post war are you? [:p]

I also agree with rajc007 about keeping SKYLINE and dropping 350GT. But I wouldn't necessarilly drop INFINITI for SKYLINE myself. It's cool and all, but then it would make more sense to swap the logos on the front and back for Nissan as well. Personally, I like the Infiniti brand.

-Ken

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by TrendSetterX

Along the same lines....how do you guys feel about replacing the "I N F I N I T I" wording with the SKYLINE equiv as seen on ebay?

Trendsetter -- is that an Oakley logo on the back window?

-Ken

·
Registered
7 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by TrendSetterX

Trendsetter -- is that an Oakley logo on the back window?

-Ken

Looks like it...It's not my ride. It's linked from a picture in the ebay auction for the SKYLINE badging... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2415473414&category=33643)

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Brilliant Silver/Graphite Lthr | ETA: 7/15

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by chimp

I'm not saying anything this time ! lol[^]

heh... Chimp, it's okay to say you love it this time!! [:D] Besides... you haven't really upped your number of posts much since then!

-Ken

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi:

I also debaged my 6MT. I don't particularly like car name plates and badges unless they make the car look better. IMHO the "G35" is to understated for the performance of this car. Also, I don't think the Mount Fuji logo is all that inspriring. Nor do I want to be an advertisement for the car company. So, I bought the "Skyline" name and 350GT emblems.

The more I took off the better I liked the look of the car. When I had all of the badges off, I noticed that the car looked wider because there is no chrome to draw the eye to the center of the trunk lid. I finally decided to put the 350GT emblem on.

http://www.hometown.aol.com/nostromos1/myhomepage/photo.html

Now, if I could only figure out how to post a pic on this forum?

6MT DP

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure I agree with your reasoning, but to each his own. Welcome to the board, and instructions on posting pics can be found here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi

Thanks for the info KLOH, but that dosen't work for me. So, I inserted a hyperlink.

6MT DP

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey ripley... believe it or not (bet you've heard that one a lot), I don't see a hyperlink in your post?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nevermind... I see you added it to your previous post. Not sure why it didn't work for you but here it is:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts