Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just though it would be useful to add dealer service to this forum. Please post if you've had good or bad experience and with what dealer. We'll try to weed out the bad ones!

I've been dealing with Infiniti of Ardmore outside of Philly and they're service has been great [:)]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I assume the dealerships are incentivized by the results of the ownership questionaire they send you because my dealership bent over backwards to ensure I entered excellent in all categories. It was a little transparent, but I didn't mind.

The only complaint I have is that I think I got screwed on the interest rate (8.9%) and I made the mistake of mentioning to the sales guy that my roommate was considering buying my previous car so they knew they didn't need to bother with my trade it. A rookie, mistake, I realize but it was my first time.

I got a dent the first night I had it, and they scheduled an appointment with me to have some body shop people they use remove it free of charge to me. I had it done with my Lojack install. The lady in charge of service over there isn't spectacular with remembering to call you back, but I got it done.

This all from the Scottsdale dealership on McDowell in Arizona.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So mixed results OnSemi. Thanks for the feedback. I know Acura pushes you to fill out their surveys as all the highest rating. In fact, one dealership I went to actually gave you a "mock" copy of a survey already filled out with something like, "Fill yours out like this!" [:O]

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I was generally pleased, but I suppose mixed is a better term.

I did get a thank you houseplant and a gift certificate to Starbucks though.

Not sure why you'd send a 24 year old bachelor that just bought a sports car a houseplant, but the thought was nice.

·
Registered
172 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

I was generally pleased, but I suppose mixed is a better term.

I did get a thank you houseplant and a gift certificate to Starbucks though.

Not sure why you'd send a 24 year old bachelor that just bought a sports car a houseplant, but the thought was nice.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
lol!! thats pretty good -- i hope i get one

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Which dealership are you working with?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, there aren't too many manly house plants out there [:D][:D][:D]

6-speed

·
Registered
172 Posts
semi: must you all continually rub in the fact that I dont have my g yet and wont for some time!!!! lol i havent even seen one on the road remember??? sigh

but to answer your question, i prob wont get it till im back in PA. if i were to get it here id prob. get it at pinnacle nissan/inf. where you here when DL Culiver owned the dealership out on bell and I-17? Anyways, I'm friends with his daughter so that's where we got our I30, for a nice discount =). Pays to have connections.

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Why couldn't I have met you two months ago! Oh well.

·
Registered
172 Posts
hehe, sorry bout that =) but he doesnt own them anymore, but im sure i could get something about of him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
VQ, your post on Acura dealers passing you a "sample" survey reminds me of Toyota. They do the same thing and while they do a good (not excellent) job for the most part, I object to the suggestion that I should fill out a survey a certain way. A survey is the corporation asking me for my completely subjective opinion of the service I received.

One of the things I like about Infiniti's survey is that they ask if the dealer talked with me about satisfaction surveys. They also ask if I was comfortable with the tone and nature of the discussion. I like that, because it indicates Infiniti's understanding that not all of us want to be told how to fill out a survey and may even find suggestions offensive.

This "high touch", customer-oriented service is one of the reasons I specifically sought out the Infiniti brand. I know it sounds snobby, but I'm sick of the service rendered at run-of-the-mill auto dealerships. They're generally overburdened, rude and curt, at best. I want to be treated like my business matters.

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT,Leather,Prem

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dealt with Roswell Infiniti in Alpharetta, GA. They were easy to deal with and I got a good deal. I traded in a G20t. They immediately came back with the printout from Kelly Blue Book on value of my trade. Handed it to me and offered me $700 more than KBB value (I had already looked it up and it was the same as I had gotten, so they didn't do any funny business like increase the mileage or something). Considering my car had 80k on it and had some dings and scratches, I was pleased. Then we started talking about the price of the coupe. I had heard horror stories of dealers wanting sticker plus. Well, I offered $1900 under sticker (my salesman informed me that I was probably way too low for his boss, but said it couldn't hurt in asking). He went to talk to the bossman and came back saying that the Boss didn't want to come off the sticker for reporting reasons, but that they would add another $1000 to what they'd give me for the trade. Basically same as meeting me halfway and reporting it differently. Obviously that didn't matter to me as the bottom line was the same. Then they asked about financing. I told them I was considering a 3rd party. The salesman asked if I would disclose the rate I would get from the 3rd party. I had been quoted (4.59%/60mos) and told him so. He went back in the back and had the business manager come out. The business manager asked me if I was planning on putting any additional money down. I told him I had not planned on it. After some punching on his calculator, he asked me if I had the ability to put $100 down on the car. I told him that I could do that. He then told me that they would match the 4.59% rate. They were also very reasonable on fees, etc. They added 39 to xfer my tag, 3 for the GA lemon law, a 399 doc fee, and the correct tax. Oh, did I mention that they had the Diamond Graphite 6mt coupe with Navi IN STOCK! He said that someone had ordered it and backed out. They also honored my request to not put any type of dealer sticker on them.

'03 G35 Coupe 6MT

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
you lucky bastard! congratulations [cheers]

-------
impatiently waiting for my Diamond Graphite...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The best dealer I recommend for South Florida is South Motors. Best sales and service I have ever experienced on any car!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
54 Posts
the service in discover infiniti in san diego isn't good. i had my cruise control checked out and reset my fuel mileage on my nav before i handed it over to them. the service mechanic took my car out for 10 mile joyride and probably redlined it as much as he could cause when i got it back, the car said it was averaging 12.2 mpg. that's really low. i confronted him about it in a nice way and he turned red and was surprised i did that but he denied it and came up w/ some lame excuse.

you guys might want to reset your fuel mileage everytime you the hand the car in for work.

2003.5 6MT | premium package | Nav | aero | DP+willow

·
Registered
316 Posts
I received a sample when I picked up my G. The salesman told me to read over it, and if I couldn't honestly mark "Extremely satisfied" to let him know. That doesn't seem so bad to me; watching his own ass and making sure I left happy.

- Desperately seeking a nice wood dash kit for my black 6MT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Hey guys, just though it would be useful to add dealer service to this forum. Please post if you've had good or bad experience and with what dealer. We'll try to weed out the bad ones!

I've been dealing with Infiniti of Ardmore outside of Philly and they're service has been great [:)]

6-speed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I dealt with Austin Infiniti (the only game in town) and left with a good impression. The salesman was very helpful and honest; he talked to me for about half an hour after I already told him I didn't want the car at that price and was going to leave. After I came back [:)] he was just as polite and got me the price I wanted. So that was great.

My complaint comes a few days later, when I found out the finance manager flat-out lied to me. I did financing through my credit union, who is one of the lenders associated with Austin Infiniti, so everything was fine, but the finance lady told me the best rate I qualified for was 5.5%. Oh well, not too bad, my bank's website said 3.75%, but I'm young and haven't had credit long, so I signed. I asked her if I should call the bank to talk to them, and (here's the suspicious part), she said I should definitely not call, she'd get me the best rate she could. I called anyway, and the bank said I have excellent credit and I qualify for 3.75% without question and why did I sign a document that said 5.5%? I've left voicemails for the finance lady every day since then (that's 3 days) and she hasn't called back.

So I'm very happy with the sales staff, but I'd recommend taking care of your financing before you go. Don't even give them a chance to lie to you (my contact at my bank said that's a good rule of thumb for any dealership).

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

1 - 20 of 38 Posts