Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Aero kit was installed at the dealership. I didn't think anything about it until I noticed that the spoiler was slightly bowing up outside in the heat. When the car was moved into the shade, the spoiler would flatten out along the trunk lid. The dealer says they will correct that...but how??

Secondly, a friend of mine swears that dealer installed parts will fade at a different rate than factory painted parts and that, over time, I will not be happy with the discoloration of the spoiler. He said it's due to the factory baking process that cures the finish as opposed to the dealer painted spoiler not getting the baking process.

I have not accepted delivery of the car yet and I go in this Thursday to check if proper repairs have been made on the spoiler which I'm not even sure how to test unless the car is parked outside on a hot sunny day, but how could I be sure on the paint fading over time??

I can still walk away from this deal....but I really like the car.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ask if the piece came straight from the factory and was pre-painted there. Pretty much ask if the spoiler they put on is identical to a spoiler that would have come with the car. Bring up the subject with them about the paint fading faster, if they say it will not fade faster and the papers you sighned say that it shouldn't fade faster then you should have no problem because if it does then they will have to replace it for you.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA December

1 - 2 of 2 Posts