Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is not really my friend, but he is my girlfriends cousin and owns a Volvo S70 T5 Turbo. He is a spoiled rich kid who has always gotten what he wants, and swears by god that only Porche's and Corvettes can take his Volvo. I did some research, and his car produces 236hp with 243lbs of torque stock. He has a 3" catback exhaust and a high flow intake. The numbers on performance for that car are: 14.77 quarter mile with 6.4 0-60. He says he "smokes" the new Z. Get's on my last nerves when he constantly brags time after time about his supposed road victories. I just ignore him and think that most of it is all [bs]. Any one run one of these lately? Any suggestions?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Can't say I have seeing as most Volvos are owned by old people.

That said, both the Z and the G have better times than what you listed there. If he really is beating these cars, he's facing crappy drivers or automatics, neither of which are especially brag-worthy.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hahaha thats some funny stuff X...bragging in his Volvo S70...[lol] Kids will be kids...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a s70t5 and it isn't as slow as you think it is, it sucks off the line stock, but once it hits midrange it flys, by far the fastest 5 cylinder ive ever been in.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Volvos are fantastic right now, but they're way to overpriced. I test drove the S60 and the V70, and I was impressed. I think the G is sportier and a bit more fun, but don't underestimate the Volvos. I've seen evidence that the V70 is the only wagon that can give a Porsche a run for its money.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Registered
316 Posts
The Everclear song on this subject comes to mind...

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

·
Registered
7 Posts
<font face="Tahoma"></font id="Tahoma">
Show me a guy with a Volvo and I'll show you someone who's fought the "check engine light". Every time that thing comes on your looking at $500.00 or so.

·
Registered
114 Posts
A friend of mine has the S60R and that thing will beat a G35, straight line or curves. Yea, he payed about 15K more so to me an extra .3 seconds here or there isn't worth it but it's a damn fast car. The Variable shocks are incredible. The soft setting is like riding in a caddy and the extreme setting is jarring, no body roll, almost race only use. Oh and you should hear the sound system in that thing, sounds better than my home theater.... almost.

Don't expect to see too many around though, 5k production run for the US.

Riv

-6MT Sedan, Aero, Black on Black

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I was STRONGLY considering that car. Till I saw the $46K base price.

2003.5 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Registered
114 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

I was STRONGLY considering that car. Till I saw the $46K base price.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Yea, he wouldn't have either except he was living overseas when he bought it and saved 5k. I wish AAFES (military sales) had Infiniti's for sale. I would have saved a butt load.

Riv

-6MT Sedan, Aero, Black on Black

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Tell him to come by my house and we will discover the truth...

Ready, able and willing!

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yea right Luder volvos are sick, my friends like 92 V70 or somethin like that thing is like a Ferrari. And it carrys all your sports shoes, tennis balls, work out clothes, and fits the tilte "Shagon-Wagon" perfectly. Im just playin man but volvos now are pretty sweet, the upgreaded ones like the S60R.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Graphite / Nav / Premium / ETA April 6th

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Yeah, Volvos are pretty great. They're a bit overpriced right now, but the [S60|V70]R will eat you up.

You know what I drive. Pictures.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts