Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a brand new white sport coupe 6mt g35 and love everything about it. Its actually been about a month that I've been driving the car and have had no problems or complaints. I've always loved modifying cars and making them look, sound or perform better than stock. I noticed that the G35 coupe has not much to change, it is a car with the full package from the rims to the brakes to the exhaust but yet I still want to have some unique modifications done to it.

I was thinking of doing a custom exhaust set up, I love the stock noise but want it to be a little deeper and louder. I don't think spending 1400 dollars on an exhaust (nismo) or 1200 (stillen) is honeslty worth it. I did some research and know a few muffler shops in town. I have a great idea, but not sure how to go about it without losing too much backpressure.

How about I do a 2.5" or 3" piping set up from the headers to the stock muffler. In other words eliminate the cats and go straight to the stock muffler with wider piping. This should give somewhat the gain in performance I desire, give the car an even bettter exhaust sound and not eliminate the unique tone it has already but just make it deeper and a little different.

What do you guys think? Anyone have any custom set-up in mind? Anyone done their own exhaust set up yet?

EvolutionForums.com... http://www.evolutionforums.com

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I think you'll find your car is no longer street legal and won't be able to pass emmissions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
haha... he said illegal... its only illegal if you get caught... [lol] actually, while we're at it, anyone have any info on the top secret titanium catback?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">haha... he said illegal... its only illegal if you get caught... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ignoring the immoral disregard for the social contract... you really want to swap it on and off every time you have to get your emmissions checked?

·
Registered
11 Posts
all in jest my friend... although i dont necessarily follow common sense while driving i by no means think my actions are justifiable... illegal is illegal no matter what...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts