Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the group and have a couple of questions.

Seem to prefer the look of the coupe better than the sedan, but want to make sure that my 2 younguns (6 and 4 year-old boys) can actually get in and out of the backseat of the coupe. The Pathfinder will still be the family vehicle but my G does need to be at least usable for the occassional trip to/from school, store, etc.. Anyone with kids have any thoughts?

Also, no dealerships out here in West Texas so will need to travel to San Antonio or DFW to pick one up. Anyone have any recommendations on dealerships?

Patrick

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Talk to Danny at Grubbs (DFW). He gets very high marks from a lot of people on these boards.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hey sjt and welcome to the board. I have a sedan and didn't trade mine in for a coupe just for that reason because I didn't want to loose the nice roomy feel of the sedan. Although I don't have kids but have lots of room in the back for 'other' activities...er I mean people...hehe[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Oh and like VQ mentioned...try Grubbs Infiniti. They are one of the bigger dealers in Texas and are actually located in Euless...kind of between Dallas and Fort Worth.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
With kids, the sedan is probably a better choice. BUT, if you already have an SUV for utility, then there's no reason not to get a G. Don't have to have 2 kid-friendly cars. Also, it's not like there's no room in the back. You can fit a couple people, especially kids, back there easily.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
My 6'+ roommates seem to manage though the head space is sparse. Drag the rugrats down to the dealership and let them climb in and out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice guys. Will try Grubbs.

Heck, even with the Pathfinder, the kids get in through the front and then climb into the back (boys will be boys afterall) so they will probably enjoy a little challenge. Will take them down with me and see if practicality wins out in the end. At least I have one advantage: wife likes the coupe better too.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Hi all... just found this board which has been very helpful. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents to this topic. I too, have kids -- a 4 year old boy and twin girls who are 2. I for one, will stick with the coupe. It's a much cooler car. Sure, the sedan is more practical, but that's what the minivan is for. I think I can put up with the little bit of inconvenience.

-Ken

-------
impatiently waiting for my Diamond Graphite...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I've been wondering how my sedan would look with the Brembo kit and Dual tip exhaust... Any suggestions anyone?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Personally I am not a big fan of the dual circular tip exhaust they put on the coupes. The tips are a little too big for my taste...reminds me of rice. They could of at least made the rear bumper cut-outs a little deeper to allow more room for the tips. I think the sedan rear end may sit a little lower than the coupes so dont think duals on the sedan would look good. Just my two cents though...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
True... I haven't been able to really look at the coupe's exhaust, but if it's that big, then it would probably end up making the sedan look out of wacl. Good observation Chaz.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts