Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and the forums. But, I've been checking it out the last couple of days. I am a couple of months away from placing an order but I wanted to get things right when I do. Which options do you wish you had or which are a waste of money. Bose Audio and Power Sunroof are a little less then the Premium Package. So I am thinking Premium Package. The Aero Package sounds - like a waste. Performance Tire and Wheel Package is it worth it or buy after market?

Wow my first time on and I went nuts. Sorry.

Michael
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,221 Posts
If I could have everything minus the Bose package and spend the cash on an aftermarket system, that's what I would have done.

Unfortunately, I wanted the Navi so I had to get the premium package which comes with the Bose crap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the input.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

If I could have everything minus the Bose package and spend the cash on an aftermarket system, that's what I would have done.

Unfortunately, I wanted the Navi so I had to get the premium package which comes with the Bose crap.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,441 Posts
From the discussions I've had with my dealer and the dealer inventories listed online, it's harder to find a coupe without the premium package. If you prefer to get aftermarket stuff, you may end up waiting longer. Not sure if that will change for the 04's though...

And if I'm not mistaken, dealers are no longer taking orders for 03's -- which means you will have to pick from their inventory (or wait for an order that's cancelled).

Personally, I think the aero is a waste. hurts the look of the car. I do like the audio controls on the steering wheel, but I don't think you will be able to use it with aftermarket units.

Performance Tire is nice. It's how you get the titanium console. You can always order the parts for the console seperately, but it's much more cost effective to just get the package.

-Ken

P.S. welcome to the board. [cheers]

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I do like the audio controls on the steering wheel, but I don't think you will be able to use it with aftermarket units.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

So long as you leave the factory Clarion deck in place (and I see no reason to do otherwise) this is not true.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh


And if I'm not mistaken, dealers are no longer taking orders for 03's -- which means you will have to pick from their inventory (or wait for an order that's cancelled).


-Ken

P.S. welcome to the board. [cheers]

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My dealer was supposed to order 4/01/03 and checked yesterday and it was changed to today. I work nights...got home and couldn't sleep because I was afraid they would not order, or worse screw it up. So I called this afternoon and they had not ordered, but we reviewed the order and they said they would place it today. I asked for a conformation # , but they said I would have to call my saleperson back at a later date. I hope they do NOT screw me on this. They estimate 90 days!!! [bigeyes] I was hoping for sooner...maybe some fool will not want their car when it comes in and I can get it, if it's the same. The car I test drove (white/graphite 6mt..loaded) was sold the very next day off the floor. I wonder.Hmmmmmmmm....why would they have a car even available if they have 60+ orders pending??? Are they saying no one wanted that car?? BS! Gotta watch these dealers! Numero Uno!


"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your vauable input. I should of figured they would be loaded.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

From the discussions I've had with my dealer and the dealer inventories listed online, it's harder to find a coupe without the premium package. If you prefer to get aftermarket stuff, you may end up waiting longer. Not sure if that will change for the 04's though...

And if I'm not mistaken, dealers are no longer taking orders for 03's -- which means you will have to pick from their inventory (or wait for an order that's cancelled).

Personally, I think the aero is a waste. hurts the look of the car. I do like the audio controls on the steering wheel, but I don't think you will be able to use it with aftermarket units.

Performance Tire is nice. It's how you get the titanium console. You can always order the parts for the console seperately, but it's much more cost effective to just get the package.

-Ken

P.S. welcome to the board. [cheers]

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Just wednesday (4/2/03) I ordered my coupe. I got Laser Red w/ Graphite Interior and the 6mt. I went with no other options to save weight and no sunroof for performance reasons. I'm replacing the system anyways and adding aftermarket dvd system, so that would be a 5k waste. I will probably order the aero package installed sometime later in the summer. The 6mt comes with the lsd and performance tire package too. I had to order it because every car in stock in a 500mile radius has the premium package[thumbdn] so I get to wait 60-90 days. What I consider a "waste" (basically all the options) isnt a waste if you enjoy and/or have a need for them.

Laser Red, Graphite, 6MT, due June
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top