Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
yeah yeah, u all gotta know that a new Vette is due around 2010...

the regular C6 was already improved upon for the newest model yr n it does 0-60 in 4.0 secs

.5 secs slower yet at HALF the price of a that ^^ GT-R

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
yeah yeah, u all gotta know that a new Vette is due around 2010...

the regular C6 was already improved upon for the newest model yr n it does 0-60 in 4.0 secs

.5 secs slower yet at HALF the price of a that ^^ GT-R
:confused:
You are smoking too much weed or the fires are getting to you. C6 Vettes are in the order of $50,000 most definitely not 50% of the MSRP price of a GT-R.

MSRP of a C6 Z06 is around $70k new, but most need to put up $80k to get one.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
:confused:
You are smoking too much weed or the fires are getting to you. C6 Vettes are in the order of $50,000 most definitely not 50% of the MSRP price of a GT-R.

MSRP of a C6 Z06 is around $70k new, but most need to put up $80k to get one.

No way man.. C6 are like 44k.. jus cuz dealers add all the options pushin em to 50-60K doesnt mean u cant get yours for less.

so fine, not quite half of 80k.. I was 8 or so off.

Z06's are 65K, most ppl today dont have to deal w/ markups.. Vettes lose a grip of value... not surprised ppl would pick them up from the street instead of at the dealership for much cheaper.. if they arent sellin well on the lot--no dealer markups.

i think Chevy even offered 0% financing on Vettes earlier this yr.. havent been on the Vette forum in a while tho'

·
Registered
15,980 Posts
I didn't think the ZR1 was supposed to beat the Z06 around a road course....just in a straight line, so if the GTR already beats the Z06, I think we pretty much know what that outcome will be.

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
Vettes are about the only sports cars you can buy today that as soon as you buy one it's an antique. It's literally the only sports car out there that uses 19th century pushrod technology. Sure, pushrod motors have some advantages, but you'd figure you can get state of the art, or at least last century's, technology for $50k+.

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
Can't wait when the GTR race against the new ZR1 Vette.
Like a lot of other matchups a lot is determined by what type of course the cars are competing on and what the conditions of the course are. In a straight line, especially at speed the C6 Z06 (let alone the ZR-1) already will pull on a GT-R. The more turns and the less traction the track has the more it will weigh in the favor of the GT-R.

I didn't think the ZR1 was supposed to beat the Z06 around a road course....just in a straight line, so if the GTR already beats the Z06, I think we pretty much know what that outcome will be.
The ZR-1 is supposed to be heavier than the C6 Z06. The C6 Z06 already is at the point where you have a difficult time putting all the power to the road. I'm going to say that the jump from C6 Z06 to C6 ZR-1 isn't going to be as much of a performance boon as people might think. I've read some mags where they had posed the question of lightening the ZR-1 instead of trying to boost power.

Vettes are about the only sports cars you can buy today that as soon as you buy one it's an antique. It's literally the only sports car out there that uses 19th century pushrod technology. Sure, pushrod motors have some advantages, but you'd figure you can get state of the art, or at least last century's, technology for $50k+.
I believe the ZR-1 also uses the LS-3 engine versus the C6 Z06's newer LS variant. Still while not as technologically advanced as some engines today, these engines are very friendly to modify and tune.

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
I believe the ZR-1 also uses the LS-3 engine versus the C6 Z06's newer LS variant. Still while not as technologically advanced as some engines today, these engines are very friendly to modify and tune.
Sure they're easy to mod. All you have to do is pour some coal into them and they'll go. I hear you can bolt on parts from a Model T and still make power.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts