Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2010 Black/Stone/Premium/Nav G37 in Feb. and have only 1500 miles on it. Love the stone contrast on the black and cooler leather. Got a fantastic deal driving 3 hrs away and you know they are stunning and not that many on the road.
Local dealer has not been able to fix the roof leaks. Leaks when washing car. Last time it soaked the Bose driverside tweeter. More than one place and both sides. They scratched the A pillar adjusting gasket and had to remove and reshoot in body shop and I found 3 other "new" scratches and dirty oil on leather so not happy about that. They did replace the door panel due to the problematic seat belts not retracting/digging into door. But I know it will happen again so not using seatbelt holder....bit of a reach. They say it's "operating satisfactorily". I see others had entire seats replaced with 2011--i may need to push for that. They pretty much say I'm the only only with roof leaks and I must be using too high of pressure although it's a garden hose. Anybody else fighting leaks?

Thanks

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
I haven'r read any posts about leaks, but you may want to try a different dealer. If you can see the water running into the car when you use the hose, get the service technician to sit in the car with you as someone uses a hose on the car.

You can also try using some tape on the outside of the car to seal off certain areas and see if it leaks when those areas are covered. That may narrow down the problem area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitely try another dealer, should not leak at all, I use high powered power washers and zero leaks. I have the same problem with my seatbelt and it's scuffing the crap out of my door. I didn't think the dealer would replace the door, but now that I think about it, retraction works fine when not in the vert brace, so thanks for that, I'm gonna get that fixed by dealer now via warranty of belt mechanism. Good luck with leak bro!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1 Posts
@37vertster - Reading your post mirrors my problems exactly including the oil stains tech left for me. My car is a 2009 G37 convertible, my car leaks on both the driver and passenger side from the A pillar and the tweeters. It appears that the water is trapped within the A pillar and then slowly drips out. It's been to the dealer 4 times and they can't fix it, but they did manage to scratch both A pillars. I also have a problem with roof rattle on the driver side in the back.
The car is going back to the dealer on October 24th, so when I get it back I'll let you know what the results are.
Thanks and good luck.
Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts