Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone here have a consult 3 system working? And where did you buy it?
What cable are you using?

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
I don't think any of the regular posters are using a Consult. Let us know if you find out where to get one.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
So then you assume there are only regular (whatever that might be) posters here?
I'll second what Gilley says Robert, I've been here since summer of '11 and I had to look up Consult to see what it is/was. I've probably scanned a few hundred thousand posts in my time here. Many threads go back to 07 or 08.

It piques my interest though so I"ll have a go at looking up some info to see what's what. I'd think if it's a Must Have diagnostic tool, maybe something else took it's place.
Some of the more frequent or regular posters here over the years have done a lot of builds and mods and have wealth of talent and experience, buy the right tools and equip and don't usually take short-cuts so I find it odd that I'd never heard of that item.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again I'm surprised. Like you say the consult is very useful.
Here in the Netherlands there are 52 Infiniti G37s coupe's. So here it's hard to find owners who have knowledge about the car. But it looks like the average owner in the US has very little knowledge about the car or does take it to the garage all the time. Some people even don't know basic things like what to do when the battery of the key is empty.
Maybe it is the type of car, my second car is a Honda Integra Type-R (I know people in the US find a Honda a low segment car but in Europe they does not). There are a lot of people with a lot of knowledge and Andi are willing to share it.
I'll buy a consult anyway but the risk is higher that I buy one that does not satisfy my needs when there are no other users with consult experience.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Again I'm surprised. Like you say the consult is very useful.
Here in the Netherlands there are 52 Infiniti G37s coupe's. So here it's hard to find owners who have knowledge about the car. But it looks like the average owner in the US has very little knowledge about the car or does take it to the garage all the time. Some people even don't know basic things like what to do when the battery of the key is empty.
Maybe it is the type of car, my second car is a Honda Integra Type-R (I know people in the US find a Honda a low segment car but in Europe they does not). There are a lot of people with a lot of knowledge and Andi are willing to share it.
I'll buy a consult anyway but the risk is higher that I buy one that does not satisfy my needs when there are no other users with consult experience.
I hope you can get it and it'll do what you expect. Hopefully being hard to find won't mean it's expensive. :smile2:

As for basic knowledge of these cars, pass along any tips or examples from 6MT that illustrate the lower bar of knowledge.
No doubt, we all learn more when we share information and I've yet to see very many examples here where a concern or issue on the G was not adequately resolved.

Please -- If you see any samples of those, post them and some helpful input !! They may still be waiting for rescue. :wink2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About 15 years ago when I had plenty of time I tried to share my knowledge to as many people as possible. This resulted in a website (www.deCRXgarage.nl) that has on his top days more than 30.000 hits a day. Now I have to share my time between my kids, family and my current cars. So no time to spread the word, sorry for that.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
About 15 years ago when I had plenty of time I tried to share my knowledge to as many people as possible. This resulted in a website (Welkom op deCRXgarage) that has on his top days more than 30.000 hits a day. Now I have to share my time between my kids, family and my current cars. So no time to spread the word, sorry for that.
I can understand that.
You are likely correct as per some or even many 'average car owners' here not having a great understanding of the glitches and complexities of the G and that's even more true on today's cars of all makes and models that have a great deal of higher tech goodies and computer control, but that wouldn't be exclusive to the USA nor to Infiniti.

As with most forums, if you see something incorrect, you can point it out (sharing your knowledge that something is wrong) although you'd also be wise to correct it and even cite some source/s that backs up the corrected update.

** Many of us in the USA use refrigerators and yet have no detailed knowledge of explaining the process on how they work.
I can .... " My beer is Cold ... IT WORKS !! "

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As with most forums, if you see something incorrect, you can point it out (sharing your knowledge that something is wrong) although you'd also be wise to correct it and even cite some source/s that backs up the corrected update.
I didn't said that there was something incorrect so there is no reason to correct.
I asked if someone has experience with the consult 3. And find it very stange that I can't find someone. Not here and not on other forums.

** Many of us in the USA use refrigerators and yet have no detailed knowledge of explaining the process on how they work.
I can .... " My beer is Cold ... IT WORKS !! "
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I didn't said that there was something incorrect so there is no reason to correct.
I asked if someone has experience with the consult 3. And find it very stange that I can't find someone. Not here and not on other forums.

Cheers!
My apologies,, I mistook your inference (below) as specific to 6MT.

ie;
But it looks like the average owner in the US has very little knowledge about the car or does take it to the garage all the time. Some people even don't know basic things like what to do when the battery of the key is empty.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Yeah, some people are beyond help.

If exhaust sound is important, there is a lot he can do but there is a lot that can screw up emissions, flow and back pressure too.
Unfortunately for some, they can screw up a car enough to not be able to resell it like those that buy a car and later find out it won't meet or pass the EPA standards where they live.

I'd like to make a video of a old beater car running and dub in sound from a revving Ferrari, then write up the How-To as "a tin coffee can welded to the muffler makes that sound". I wonder if people would try it ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I recently bought this one

http://m.uobd2.net/wholesale/nissan-consult-3-iii-professional-diagnostic-tool.html

In combination with an old laptop with Windows xp professional on it, it works.
You can do CAN diagnoses and see the history of fault codes (so not only the engine codes but the complete system).
With the SP83 (bluetooth) and SP83-B (usb) can do the so called VI diagnoses of the consult software. What you can't do is do the MI diagnose (measure voltages between some points in the system for example) program new keys (you need also extra hardware if it was even possible).

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I don't know much about that item but it seems like a more than fair price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts