Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 09 G37 which I was made to believe was a Sport model, but Infinity shows it as a Journey. It came with a trunk that had the 'S' after the G37 insignia so I never thought to question it until now, as i'm selling it. is there any other explanation possible for this besides someone switched the trunks and/or just added the 'S'? I'm pretty pissed right now. it has paddle shifters and OW73705 rims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t know ‘09s well enough so let’s get verification but the paddle shifter is probably an indication that it is a Sport. The latter coupes with Sport had a different lower front fascia/airdam, paddle shifters & sport seats with adjustable thigh support - that’s essentially all you could tell visually. The suspension is supposedly different as well but personally I wouldn’t know how to visually confirm that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sport has 19” wheels instead of 18”. Wider rear tires, Metal petals, dual piston brakes, tons of driver seat adjustments, I drive a Journey with the sport package. Maybe thats what you have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sport has 19” wheels instead of 18”. Wider rear tires, Metal petals, dual piston brakes, tons of driver seat adjustments, I drive a Journey with the sport package. Maybe thats what you have.
Forgot about all those - except mine does not have different wheel widths - I think that’s either an option or on the 2WD MTs. Mine is an xS. Also, I think the piston difference on the brakes is just for the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since you don’t have a 6-speed manual gearbox, the Sport variant utilizes and upgrades the chassis with a performance-tuned suspension and steering system. 19” x 8.5 & 19” x 9.0 staggered wheels and akebono big brake kit

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought an 09 G37 which I was made to believe was a Sport model, but Infinity shows it as a Journey. It came with a trunk that had the 'S' after the G37 insignia so I never thought to question it until now, as i'm selling it. is there any other explanation possible for this besides someone switched the trunks and/or just added the 'S'? I'm pretty pissed right now. it has paddle shifters and OW73705 rims.
The true sport is a stick . The S and on your trunk is a just a appearance package option for the automatic . They can tell you all day that it’s not that but the real true S is a 6 speed MT . Had an 08 white with black seats 6MT. Great car . Driving a 16 ATS V coupe now . Def recommend the V caddy’s . Great cars . Also had a 14 STI in between another great car but the interior is not comfortable. Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
On a base or Journey, you could buy the "Sport Package", on a 2011 Vert it was a $1700 package. I found the easiest way to verify the package on a base was looking at the calipers as you could buy the 19" wheels on a separate option package.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts